SPONSOR PROFILE - Borden Rifles - Jim Borden

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member
Borden Rifles

Borden 1.jpg

Please give me an overview of what your company does and where you are located.
Borden Rifles manufactures precision bolt action receivers and rifles. Our rifles have been used to win over 100 world records, National Championships and Super Shoot wins as well as numerous, State and local titles. We manufature actions for Benchrest, hunting, across the course, silhouette and tactical applications. We are located in Northeast pennsylvania.

Borden_Hunting_Rifle_sm.jpgBorden2.jpg

How long have you been in business, how did you get started, and who are some of the key members of your operation?
We have been officially in business since 1987. We are a family run operation. Jim Borden is the owner and Joan Borden (wife), Jim Borden Jr (son), John Borden and John (Mike) Mecca (son-in-law) participate in the business of manufacturing.

Can you describe and give me a brief history of some of your hot products or services?
The Alpine, Timberline and Rimrock LSR and SSR actions are the hottest selling products. Those actions directly drop into Remington 700 inletted stocks so they offer an opportunity to build an absolutely accurate rifle on a familiar platform. We expect our rifles to average sub 1/2 moa in hunting calibers.

Borden3.jpg

What new products or services can we look forward to from your company in the future?
We will be adding 22 rimfire benchrest actions and an action suitable for the 338 Lapua in 2011.

Tell me about your (or some of your team's) long range shooting experience.
I have been involved in long range hunting and shooting since the early 1970's. I have taken game out to 1175 yards. The most thrilling for me was my Dall Sheep at 739 yards.

Jim_bench.jpg
Jim Borden shooting a benchrest rifle

What non-hunting and shooting hobbies or activities do you participate in?
Joan and I are avid outdoor and wildlife photographers.

Borden Photography Home

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.