Speer Gold Dot 75 grainers

I just aquirred some 75's from a member so I'm looking forward to getting them and working up a load and hopefully getting some real world data this fall on some does.
Going to keep shots 150 and in.
CAREFULL of barrel twist. My Contender would not shoot the 75s. My 7 twist ar does fine, but it really likes the 62 green tip. We hunt over feeders at less than 50yds.
Tom

Velocity from barrel length comes into effect. All my AR's are 20 - 24 inch SS match barrels. So 8 or 9 twist is fine with up to 75 gr. and it still gives you the ability to shoot cheap 55gr.

But anyway we were going PD hunting in windy Wyoming. So I decided to test rocky mountain 69 hpbt I bought 1000. Just cheap fun shooting. If you are stuck on 223 and pigs. I loaded these up to 3000 fps with 2000 MR 26.8 gr 20 inch 9 twist. They really pop PD's, so I'm sure that they would put the hurts on Mr. Piggy :)

That's my exact load for Hornady 75 BTHP's I'm running now out of my 16incher.
I'm getting 2680 out of it and was going to try the load with the Gold Dots.
I've contiplated building a 20" upper again for more velocity but I run a can and really like the short,light weight of the 16 with can.
Here in southern Indiana and western Kentucky most of our shots on coyotes are 250 and in and I'm only able to go to Alabama a couple of times a year for hogs and that is all night hunting with thermo so 200 would probably be farthest shot there.

As AllenRay said above, shot placement is EVERYTHING on hogs with a .223 regardless of bullet used. My son and his friends do a lot of night hunting here with a thermal to help farmers having problems with freshly planted corn and one of the boys uses a .223. He finds about 33% of the pigs he shoots although I am sure most of them run off in the bushes and die which still nets the same results. But, if you are picture taking kind of guy .223 will hurt your feelings a lot when the pigs tote your bullets off. We use .300 BLK and drop about 90% of pigs shot using 110 Vmax when range is 150 yards or less.