Some more oregon chucks

Rogue Hunter

We made it over to our chuck hunting grounds this past weekend. The weather was awesome, and we all had a great time:D

The Mrs. killed three chucks over 500 yards with my .20 BR XP-100 pistol slinging the 55 grain Bergers.

My longest shot for the weekend. 856 yards with the 28 Nosler XP-100. I also killed one at 738 yards with the .20 BR. gun)
Can't wait to go again!

-Mike

Nice, Mike! Looks like a great day! A .28 Nosler hand cannon. That crazy! Which projectile? 195's?

Nice, Mike! Looks like a great day! A .28 Nosler hand cannon. That crazy! Which projectile? 195's?

Tim,
We had a great weekend for sure:D
And yes, I'm running the 195's. Very accurate bullet. Especially when you are stretching out the shots in the wind. I'm getting 2800 fps with the current load. ES is in the low teens.
23.5 MOA up from 100 yard zero to get to a 1000 yards.
- I need glass with more on the top end to make some of those long bombers like you guys are doinggun)
-Mike

That's awesome. I hear you on the scopes. The older I get the better glass and higher magnification it requires!

Thats crazy, Im in the process of building a 28 Nos rifle,to shoot the 195's, can't imagine a hand cannon in that cartridge, I would shoot it though. I bought a Contender when I was a teen, 35 Rem., 375 JDJ and some others barrels, so I'm no stranger to big pistols, but that pushes it to a whole new level.LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.