• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SOG SCUBA/DEMO knife (Free) (Gone -> Mailed)

Dave King

Another free item (Gift) but I will entertain a return gift if the other party (that'd be YOU) feels obligated by regional social norms or generous or whatever.

If more that one person would desire the item I will entertain making a choice as to the new owner based on some criteria as yet undetermined.

I reserve the right to withdraw an item for any reason (bickering would be one reason).

I will present the item as best I understand it, I will list faults that I know (and recall). If the item is dangerous (could put an eye out or something without special instructions) I may limit its demise to someone I know and trust.

I assume the new user will use the item as designed and intended and for lawful purposes. If the new user is injured with the item I will believe it is due to negligence, willful ignorance or stupidity (or any combination of two or in extreme cases all three).

SOG-SCUBA-DEMO1-s.jpg

Hi-Res

http://longrangehunter.com/trade-free/SOG-SCUBA-DEMO1.jpg

This knife was a second from SOG... it was marked with the dreaded Seconds X.

I Duracoated this knife, this is NOT the original finish. I believe it is stainless steel (its a SCUBA knife).

Its a nice looking knife, I haven't used it.

I did re-sharpen it after I Duracoated it, I used a Lansky sharpening set to sharpen it (not a bench grinder).

Diezel has expressed an interest in this knife. Diezel.. you're from Sweden I believe... I'm concerned about the legality of sending this knife (I haven't kept up well on the news in Europe).

Last edited:
beautifull knife

Hi Dave what a beautifull knife is it sharpened on both edges if so it is out for Australia if not and Diezel can't get it I would be interested if the Alasksa knife is out off the Question.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Sharpshooterbr

Let's let Diezel get a few words in before going much further as you suggest.

Wild Bill

This knife is serrated on one side and straight sharp blade on the other... It'll cut with either side so I'm thnking its a no-go for Austrailia by your mention.

Hi Dave
I would sure have use for it. Let me describe my intended use for it, if I had the luck to be the new owner. :)
I just had to part with my only large knife (A Fällkniven A1). In Sweden hunting with dogs are common. About a year ago I had a sad experience where I wounded a roe deer with a shotgun shot during a hunt and I could not get the dog from the roe deer so I could finish it with another shot. I had to use my knife, which had a short blade, did´nt work out to good. Since that day I carried my A1 in the back pack but just weeks ago I had to part with it.
The SOG seems like it would carry on the duty in a fine way. Besides that I do some diving from time to time on the summer, but honestly that is not to often.
Knives are no problem to own in Sweden, we just cant carry them around town, just when hunting/fishing or if you work as a carpenter or have a similar work where you have use for a knife in the job.

Last edited:
Diezel

Okay, its yours then. PM your address and be patient about the mail time, it may take me a little while to get it out.

Diezel

Thanks for the Christmas Card, it arrived today (24 Dec 2007).

Merry Christmas to you too!