Slow motion Videos

What was amazing to me was how far down range the bullet was when recoil happened. That was an eye opener for me.

Also amazing was that full explosion of the target occurred well after the bullet had excited the object. My mind doesn't wrap itself around that one.

If the bullet has long excited the barrel, the flash happens between the muzzle and down range projectile, what the hell causes recoil?

Wouldn't recoil begin with bullet movement in the bore?

Looks like I'm gonna hafta rethink some thing. :roll eyes:

Talk about wasting syrup! Didja notice the seal on that hooch bottle wasn't broken? What's with that!?

Roy, its the old formula F=MA Firing the bullet imparts an impulse to the handgun. Thats the A in the formula. In order for the big mass to start moving it takes time. V = At. You can only see the handgun moving when it reaches a certain velocity and acceleration x time gives you that velocity.

The explosive effects have to do with hydraulic shock. After the bullet impacts the liquid, a shock wave will move through the liquid until it reaches the wall of the container, dependent on the speed of sound in the liquid and the distance. When the shock wave reaches the outer surface is usually when the stuff starts flying.

The fireball in front of the barrel is the combustion products exiting the barrel after the bullet has passed as the pressure bleeds off. The longer the barrel, the less unburnt products there would usually be.

What was amazing to me was how far down range the bullet was when recoil happened. That was an eye opener for me.

Also amazing was that full explosion of the target occurred well after the bullet had excited the object. My mind doesn't wrap itself around that one.

If the bullet has long excited the barrel, the flash happens between the muzzle and down range projectile, what the hell causes recoil?

Wouldn't recoil begin with bullet movement in the bore?

Looks like I'm gonna hafta rethink some thing. :roll eyes:

Talk about wasting syrup! Didja notice the seal on that hooch bottle wasn't broken? What's with that!?

Itsa good thing I was one of Rickover's reactor operators or I'd not have understood a thing you said..:D

I understand calculations, etc, but to actually see, is mind boggling.

Itsa good thing I was one of Rickover's reactor operators or I'd not have understood a thing you said..:D

I understand calculations, etc, but to actually see, is mind boggling.

Now you have me intrigued, what boat, or boats were you on?

Have always been fascinated by subs.

I use to have a desert eagle 50AE.

Ive shot it at night a few times and knew a lot of fire came out of the muzzle but man seeing it in slow motion was soooo much cooler!

I miss that pistol but i dont miss getting hit in the face by casings.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.