• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sitka vs. Kuiu please help

Scoot2403

Looking at buying either Sitka or kuiu. I like them both which is better or Best Buy for the buck. Looking for warmer clothes for my October hunts in Colorado. Looking for advice in which one to buy. Pros and cons! Thanks for your help.

Scott

I have owned Sitka, First Lite and KUIU in that order and would not go backward at this point.

The KUIU is more comfortable, better designed and constructed than the FL IMHO and it is much more comfortable against my skin than Sitka was for me.

To be transparent I'm now a KUIU brand ambassador BUT I was a customer first and I still have to pay for my KUIU gear, nothing is free or close to free.

At this point I own at least 90% of their entire apparel line and would not trade it for any other camo out there.

~Robert

Absolutely agree with everyone's comments above. I have switched over to all KUIU. Attention to detail is unbelievable.

what pants/jacket combo would be best for Colorado in mid October. knowing there are days that are very cold but yet it can be fairly warm as well

Guide jacket and Attack pants. Guide pants are warm if you do any walking. I use them for November hunts. Attack pants and merino underlayer for October serve me well. I'd definitely purchase a Superdown jacket as well as a guide jacket.

Kuiu is a great product, so is Sitka.

I have quite a bit of Kuiu--I think it is better gear overall.. The problem is their sizing. If you are a really big guy, it might be an issue with their later-made Chinese made stuff, it fits extremely small for bigger guys. I use their Canadian-made first gen gear and the fit is excellent.

Guide jacket and Attack pants. Guide pants are warm if you do any walking. I use them for November hunts. Attack pants and merino underlayer for October serve me well. I'd definitely purchase a Superdown jacket as well as a guide jacket.
Yep....that is what i use as well...

awesome thanks so much for the info! I will be defiantly ordering be ordering KUIU now.

Kuiu is a great product, so is Sitka.

I have quite a bit of Kuiu--I think it is better gear overall.. The problem is their sizing. If you are a really big guy, it might be an issue with their later-made Chinese made stuff, it fits extremely small for bigger guys. I use their Canadian-made first gen gear and the fit is excellent.

The belt is the only item that's ever fit. I'm 5'10 180 32" waist and they must make jackets for the narrowest shouldered folks on the planet.

The best merino you can get your hands on is First Lite. Hooded Chama is great.

... I'm 5'10 180 32" waist and they must make jackets for the narrowest shouldered folks on the planet.
The best merino you can get your hands on is First Lite. Hooded Chama is great.

I'm 5'11 180 and a 34" waist, admittedly I have a slimmer cyclist build but I still am a bit barrel chested. The KUIU shirts all felt more comfortable to me in XL but the jackets were fine in LG sizes. The great thing is that KUIU customer service is very easy to exchange sizes with as long as you keep all the packing material together.

As for the First Lite merino my biggest complaint was that after 2-3 uses and washes I had two sleeves come unattached and the seam around the waistline unraveled completely. I really wanted to love FL but the only thing I've kept and love are their Mountain Socks. Once I switched to KUIU there was no going back for me.

~Robert