Should pellet guns be legalized for big game

Should Pellet guns be legalized for big game

• Yes

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

Bowhunter7

I was watching a game warden show and a guy killed a moose with 8 shots from a pellet gun does this prove they have the capabilities for big game let me know what you think thanks.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Just because one CAN do something doesn't mean one SHOULD.
But because one probably shouldn't doesn't mean we have to make it a law that you can't. If you do, just be ethical.

50 cal air rifles. What limits do they have?

But because one probably shouldn't doesn't mean we have to make it a law that you can't. If you do, just be ethical.

I'm not in favor of making laws about everything. One more thing a government agency can use to involve themselves in your day off.

So my answer is a little backwards-they should not be made illegal.

"Big Game" is an all inclusive term. I could certainly kill backyard rural deer with some of the modern air rifles. I might even argue given the lack of good shooting lanes in tight places this may be as good a way as any to keep the "pest" population in check.

I don't use a crossbow, illegal lots of places, based solely on public perception over expert opinion, yet they have been used successfully on elephant.

Lots don't believe LRH should be allowed. Has Idaho's 16 lb limit impacted game lost due to crippling stats in a positive way?

I read this in disbelief. I'm not advocating a law in any way, shape or form. We all have enough of those. But I can see some(one) now justifying doing it 'just because someone else did'. What next?

Perhaps that 'person' should then go hunt brown bears with the pellet gun. Or better yet, a slingshot.

enough said or I'll get in trouble.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.