Seven Days, Four Backcountry Bulls

ADMIN

Administrator
As everyone got their loaded packs up to the ATV's right behind me, we started to jokingly talk about where we were going to go eat when we got back to town. We all got on our respective ATV's and headed back down the road to our pickups that we had left earlier that morning. My mind started to wander on the trip back down and I started to re-live everything that had happened to me in the previous days. During most years I feel fortunate to get out and encounter a trophy bull elk, especially with friends and family. Now to have my close friends, family, and myself not only encounter but harvest four trophy class DIY public land bulls in one week's time is just plain crazy. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Seven Days, Four Backcountry Bulls, By Andy Edwards. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent write-up. Kudos on being truly prepared to make competent, ethical long range shots.

Thank you. As prepared as a guy can get, I still get nervous when it comes time to pull the trigger on an animal. Muscle memory definitely helps during these times.

Being that I have been out of state since before this paid for ruling came down, and will be back home shortly is there any updates to the Wolf hunt in Wyoming.
These friggin anti's and their utopia ideas are incredible . .:cool:

S.S.S. nuffsaid A buddy had a wolf howl right outside his tent last night in the Gros Vente Wilderness. I saw some fresh wolf tracks on my way back to the trailhead yesterday also.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.