Savage Model 112 Target Magnum 338 Lapua

Still enjoying the rifle, has not lost any accuracy. If anything it is getting better

will be posting more upon return from Asia

V/R
M.Bird

I am seriously considering purchasing this rifle but I'm reading a lot of negative comments about bolt sticking with reloads in many Savage 338's, especially in the 110 series. Has Savage changed anything on the 112 in regard to bolt and chamber or are they the same as the other models?

I

I have also read lots of problems with the 110BA, but have read some good things also.
For the M112 this is a Target set up from Savage:
I shoot nothing but reloads thru it---Never had a problem
Bolt sticking: Never
Accuracy: it just keeps improving as I hone my skills

If you are on the fence: come over and enjoy the M112 Target

V/R
M.Bird

Thanks! I'm going to sell a few junkie safe queens and see what I can do.

I have also read lots of problems with the 110BA, but have read some good things also.
For the M112 this is a Target set up from Savage:
I shoot nothing but reloads thru it---Never had a problem
Bolt sticking: Never
Accuracy: it just keeps improving as I hone my skills

If you are on the fence: come over and enjoy the M112 Target

V/R
M.Bird

Sending mine out to get hydro dipped and cerakoted. Should look like a long range tactical rifle other than the fact it is single shot. Gun keeps impressing!

I sold several shotguns today and have the $$$ to buy the Savage. One silly question? Can I replace the brake with an after-market product? I understand that the brake that comes with the rifle looks great but doesn't really work.

Discuss...:D

Woah woah woah, the OEM brake works FANTASTIC.
The rifle is a ***** cat and easier on the body to shoot 40rds in one sitting than our 10lb 308... And I'm sending 300gr @ 2775

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.