• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED savage 260 lr rig for trade/ sale sold

kimba

I have a savage short action with oversized bolt and shilen match 260 barrel with 1-8 twist at 26". It is in a bell and Carlson stock with aluminum bedding block and has a nightforce 20 moa pic rail, nightforce rings and nf scope.

Scope is the NXS 5.5-22X50 and has the NP-R1 reticule. The scope/rings/base is painted mat green to match the green stock. The paint could be removed with a little work as it is not catalized. The action is right handed.

It is a very accurate rig and gets a 200 yd, 5-shot group to .33" using 140 grn amax@ 2800 fps off bag. Roughly 400 rnds through it.

I am looking to get a long action in 30 cal to use strictly for elk. I am really hoping for a left handed action, but might consider a righty. I might consider 33 cals as well.

I would consider trades/sale either with or without the scope/rings/base if the right deal came along. I live in Montana area if anyone interested is near. Bozeman

406 589 1017

Re: savage 260 lr rig for trade/ sale

I went ahead and removed paint from action/scope/rings/base. All looks great. am looking to get a lefty in 30-06 or sell rig to fund project

Had some folks ask about weight - 13.8ish with harris bipod or roughly 13 without - email me for pics as was not able to upload the ones I have to this forum. The scope has zerostop set at 285 currently.

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

Last edited:

To avoid confusion, I meant prefer 30-06 in lefty, but open to any cal from 280ai up

ok, will take to gun show next weekend I guess so folks can see it in hand. Worth a try on forums - take care.

scope and rings sold - rifle with the nightforce pic rail still available for sale partial sail/ trade - might consider a zeiss duplex reticule fairly basic scope in conquest line

PM me a price. I also live in Bozeman. Maybe we can make a deal.

prob should list price on the item:

Savage 16 short action
shilen match 26", 1-8 varmint contour
Bell and Carleson medalist, full alum bedding block stock in green with black spider web, foregrip narrowed and texturized. Skim bedded, free floated
nighforce, 20 moa pic rail.

very accurate, long range - 1000 yd plus capable
$675

Does the savage 16 action have the accutrigger in it?

There is a deal pending on this rifle, I will update if it closes or not - should know by end of the week. Feel free to pm me if you are interested if deal falls through for any reason.

If you look at title, this item was sold a while ago. When sold is listed after the item title . It is the way the forums set up to show in title the item is not available so folks do not need to read those posts. Sorry about the confusion there.