Satellite scouting

erichhaag

I semi-recently heard on a podcast somewhere about a man that scouts for deer hunting based on a special set of satellite images or imagery. Like custom scouting reports based on some particular knowledge he was gaining from certain imagery. Has anyone else heard this podcast or heard of this persons services? I know I'm kinda being really vague…can't remember what the original source media was…

I semi-recently heard on a podcast somewhere about a man that scouts for deer hunting based on a special set of satellite images or imagery. Like custom scouting reports based on some particular knowledge he was gaining from certain imagery. Has anyone else heard this podcast or heard of this persons services? I know I'm kinda being really vague…can't remember what the original source media was…
No , only regular google earth , I don't scout for game , only areas and access and I enjoy using the yardage tool ,from point to point.

I use my garmin app,google earth, and onX app to look at terrain,drainages,access, and distances which have 3d imaging. if that is what you are talking bout them doing then ya lots do it

We have used topographical maps for many years. Then with Google Earth we printed out Satellite Images of the areas and also used Garmin Maps for our hand held E-TREX unit. Very helpful for marking out Scrapes. Rubs, Trails, and Stands throughout the years.

I think most of us that do well multi-state hunting, and don't have time to scout prior to season do the majority of our work using E-scouting tools. That is, us non guided public land western hunters.

I use gohunt for a lot of that. I have a Onx chip in garmin handheld that I use most for property and land verification.

I usually transcribe my all my gohunt information on to a paper map that I carry with me.

That will mark possible beddings, glassing points, guzzlers and springs in certain areas, burn areas etc. I map out my camps/personal water sources too, as well as access points.

Last edited:

Recent Posts