• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

S&w pre-lock 629 8 3/8 & lew horton 29 classic hunter 4 position front site

md66948

Please take Note that I took these pictures out doors in 27 degree weather. The oil on the Lew Horton Mod 29 looks hazy with some streaking in some areas. It is from the cold.

I am selling two (2) S&W Pre-Lock 44 magnum Pistols. Both of these pistol are used and lock up is tite. There are some light scratches and wear marks on both pistols. I believe I took pictures of all sides of these 44s. If you want any additional pictures please feel free to contact me for additional pictures. Include your Email Address with your request.

I am going to put these two S&Ws on Gunbroker in the very near future. I am listing these in here with my Reserve Price that I will use on GB. Pre-Lock S&Ws are becoming Highly Collectible with pricing climbing quickly.

I want $800.00 for the 629 8 3/8".

I want $1,200.00 for the Lew Horton Mod 29 Classic Hunter. This was a Special Order Pistol as noted on the S&W Box.

These weapons must be registered. I am in Wynnewood Pa, Zip Code 19096. There are dealers in King of Prussia, Sharon Hill and Prospect Park can do the transfer.

I will ship to an FFL only at your cost. If your FFL will not take a shipment from a Non-FFL there will be an additional $50.00 charge plus actual shipping cost.

Payment must be in cash, (local Pick up) or USPS MO Only. I will not take any other forms of Payment.

S&W 629 8 3/8" Barrel. A Green Fiber Optic Front Site has been installed on this 629.

Lew Horton Special, The Classic Hunter. This Lew Horton Classic Hunter has a Black Finish.

Model 29-3
• 6 shot non-fluted cylinder
• 6" full-lug barrel with 4-position front sight, white outline rear
• Hogue rubber combat grips
• N target frame w/square butt
• Product code 101230
• 5,000 manufactured in 1987

The 629 dosent look to have the firing pin mounted on the hammer, even though it's a prelock design. Is it the newer prelock frame mounted firing pin Version? ? Thanks

Nice Smith's and great job with the photos. I use a 29-3, 6" with factory Target goods and have a lot of respect for her. I am very tempted by the Classic Hunter. Need to think while having my coffee.....Take care. Darrel

The 629 dosent look to have the firing pin mounted on the hammer, even though it's a prelock design. Is it the newer prelock frame mounted firing pin Version? ? Thanks

That 629-5 would be right before they started with the locks, notice the newer round front rear sight. I'll bet its factory drilled and tapped too.