Ruger Precision Rifle Review

ADMIN

Administrator
Long range shooting and hunting have definitely got manufacturers scrambling to get a piece of the pie. There are so many different genres that bleed over into others that manufacturers have a difficult time focusing their efforts, that is until now. Jon Mather, a design engineer for Ruger and long range shooter, approached Mike Fifer, the CEO of Ruger, with the idea of a dedicated long range rifle, and thus the Ruger Precision Rifle was conceived. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Ruger Precision Rifle Review, By John Johnston. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

i own the Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor.

MODIFICATIONS AND SCOPE:

1. Bushnell Elite ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 W/Horus H59 "Christmas tree" reticle, Nightforce Unimount

2. Magpul MIAD modular pistol grip

3. LRI anodized aluminum bolt cover

4. Atlas PRS bipod (5 Allen wrenches stored there)

5. Little Bastard muzzle brake

6. Midwest Industries smooth plates on bottom of forearm (to ride a bag better)

7. T.A.B. Gear sling

Ruger designed the rifle with modularity so owners could swap out components as I have done. Very smart thinking.

I bought this rifle specifically to compete in PRS and some F Class competitions. I think it's a great rifle with design features at least as good as rifles costing three times as much. The 6.5 CM cartridge is perfectly paired with the RPR - inherent accuracy and great trajectory but not a barrel burner.

In a year or so when the barrel is shot out I'll put a fluted Bartlein barrel on it, same 5R rifling and 1:8 twist, same 24" length but in black Cerakoted stainless steel.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.