Rifle choices for the wife

Which rifle for target shooting for the wife?

• Total voters

Ccctennis

I'm looking for something the wife can target shoot with. Selfishly I am trying to buy something that could become dual purpose if she doesn't use it regularly. I was thinking something in the 17-22 caliber range because of recoil. She isn't going to hunt. Just shoot paper! I will include a poll but thought some of these might get feedback:
17 remington
17 hornet
17 winchester super mag
17 hmr

I'm a 17hmr fan. Inexpensive, plentiful ammo, accurate, and decent shooting cheap rifles are available. Or you can get great shooting ultra-expensive pieces of rifle art. Lots of options.

If your wife doesn't enjoy it, or if she does and still will let you borrow it, 17hmr leaves smaller varmints DRT. Way less floppin' and thrashing since I hung up the 22lr in favor of the 17hmr.

17 hornet is a lot of fun and super cheap if you reload. just wondering why leave off the 223?? for low recoil and killing paper its about as good as it gets.

Already have the 223. I also have 220 swift. Just looking to go as small as possible but still have a decent rifle. She doesn't like the 223 that much. Se loves shooting her judge 45/410 go figure???? Lol.

I love my .17 HMR's, but my buddy has a Rem 700 VSF stainless jeweled .17 Remington Fireball and that's a cool little round! So I voted for .17 Remington. I've tried to buy that rifle from my buddy for years, but he won't come off of it......YET! I guess if I waved some cash in his face he might think twice. :D

Already have the 223. I also have 220 swift. Just looking to go as small as possible but still have a decent rifle. She doesn't like the 223 that much. Se loves shooting her judge 45/410 go figure???? Lol.

Are you posting same question on all sites? I've seen it so far on another site

Buy her whatever you want to shoot. I bought my wife a new 7mm BAR Browning for Christmas 25 years ago. I am still living in the dog house and she bought me a new dishwasher for my birthday.:)

I have a CZ 452 17 HMR that shoots bug holes. Ammo is a little spendy for a rimfire but cheaper than the center fires. It is a great rifle to tune up your wind doping skills to get ready for your long range big bore but you can do it cheaply at 200 yards instead of 1000. I'm saying they don't like wind much:D.......rich

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.