Revolutionary new draco barrel

The concept of a jacketed barrel is not new.

I feel they have a right to be secretive about their process.

I am very interested in having them do a barrel for me. I am trying to finish other projects so I can get the barrel fit to the action and decide on how the stock is going to be worked out. Conventional or Space Frame, recoil lug or barrel block.

I have already stated that the idea is not a new one and given an example. Repetitious.

My statement about secrecy has nothing to do with the knowing anything about the process. It was about pricing and what is included for that price or prices. Read for context.

Regards.

I'll chamber a 6mm-338 Lapua Magnum.... then tell 'em to keep those barrels coming.

thats for **** sure. Bankrupt them in 6 months.

Nothing on accuracy guarantees? Quality of barrel?

I have seen giant Heavy guns with water cooled 4-5" sleeves and they burn the barrels out eventually.

Lot of hype, like to see the disclaimers on replacing a barrel. What is burnt out, what is deemed loss of accuracy etc.

I have already stated that the idea is not a new one and given an example. Repetitious.

My statement about secrecy has nothing to do with the knowing anything about the process. It was about pricing and what is included for that price or prices. Read for context.

Regards.

There pricing is not secretive. It's $889 for Titanium and $729 for Aluminum. It's all right there on the website Pricing - teludyne custom shop

If you get your panties in a bunch because someone someone restates something you said you don't need to go all agro and troll like.

No panties in a bunch here, I can guarantee you.

Unfortunately, you are absolutely clueless. It's too bad. This one is done.

Regards.

ive thought about it awhile.

It's snake oil. Buy it if you have 900 bucks to burn, but if I understand the principal here it won't do anything to extend the life of the barrel.

Accuracy? Very possibly. The over sized diameter will dampen harmonics and stay cooler longer due to the filler in the sleeve which will prevent walking as the barrel heats up. If it heats up at all. Will the accuracy gained be so much more so than a rifle with a AMU or M24 contour to justify the 900+ added cost? Highly doubtful.

IF I were to do this, and that's a huge IF, I'd only do it on something with a super long barrel life. 5000+ rounds at a minimum.

I don't like the prospect of buying a premium barrel (I'm sure their definition of worn out differs from mine, and I just can't see them shelling out for a benchmark every time I burn out a low-barrel-life-cartridge barrel) for 300+ then another 900+ for the sleeve and filler install at a regular interval.

Trying their version of a the sleeved barrel concept for me, has nothing to do with extending barrel life.

It does have to do with weight vs accuracy. A 36" full steel barrel with the diameter to dampen the harmonics would be very heavy. I know because I have a 32" barrel that is over 1.5" at the muzzle. The target barrel is definitely a a barrel whip challenge.

Snake oil or not, clueless or not. It's my call whether to try it or not.

Unless there is something about you being the self appointed policer of my life decisions that I don't know.

There are upsides and downsides.

Upside, the brake is included.

Downside, the brake is included and has to be their brake.

Upside, dampening of barrel whip with a lighter overall weight. My 36" Pac-Nor super match is the right kind of thing.

Downside, if I want to shorten the barrel I would have to machine off the shroud first.

Upside, a couple hundred (maybe) rounds longer barrel life.

Downside, it actually raises the per round cost for shooting the firearm.

Rotate your turret and calm your precious snowflake self, Seaman.

My comments aren't directed at you, or anyone. Just my opinion after thinking about this topic on and off for the last week.

When you get it, keep us posted. But it's not for me.

Good luck.

I don't see any cost-effective benefit for me and my rifles. I'd be surprised if these start selling like Sunday morning hotcakes. But there could be a worthwhile benefit in special application use.

The lifetime warranty remains a complete puzzler, until I read the fine print. About the only thing I expect to see warranted in the fine print is that their sleeves won't fall off the inner rifled barrel. And no warranties are honored should the company no longer exist when the warranty coverage is needed.

I've been filming and photographing the Falkor rifles, some with Dracos barrels for a few months now. I think Team Falkor was competing with them at the CORE gas gun competition in Florida this weekend as well. There was a steady line of people looking at the barrels in their booth at SHOT last month.

The Falkor / Sonju family takes their work and products with the utmost seriousness because for some users of their weapon systems, perfect performance is a matter a life or death.

I can't speak with any authority other than seeing the barrels shoot well, hearing other shooters I respect heap praise on them and personally knowing the owners and key staff at Falkor/Dracos.

When they build my Falkor in the next few months I will definitely have them put a Dracos barrel on it.

~Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.