Revolutionary new draco barrel

The DRACOS barrel is for Armalite Rifle style platforms.

The Teludyne Straight Jacket is for bolt action. Build the rifle as you want it, send the barreled action to them.

I am very serious about sending my xxx-Hubel Express barreled action to them.

http://www.teludynetech.com/

Maybe they aren't talking about wearing out the inside of the barrel as we would but rather the mating/jacket process. It is your original barrel that you supply, correct ?
How could they warranty someone else's barrel ?

As others have mentioned, this isn't a new tech, but it appears they've changed names.

I talked to them probably five years ago and while it's an interesting concept it I decided to go another way.

I just went to the linked website to look through it briefly. Nicely put together but very limited information, almost secretive, almost. The picture section was informative but the pricing was spotty as to what was included in the cost, which appears to be high until you find the other bits which are included for that price.

You get the 'StraightJacket' but you also get the muzzle brake attached and timed, plus they will inlet your stock for the new barrel since it's about the size of a truck axle. This brings about the discussion of which stocks will look appropriate for a barrel this diameter. Some of the factory stocks look just plain stupid due to the amount of forearm which gets removed, while the stocks with larger forearms look almost acceptable. The ARs look O.K. of course since most of the barrel is under the handguard and looks to be the diameter of a suppressor anyway.

The McMillan A5 and the Manners T2, T3, T4, T5 will all apparently look better balanced because of the wider forearm. I'm not sure about the newer PRS model though. There are others from H-S and B&C, I'm sure.

It's nice to have alternatives when the need for such arises. We can never have enough barrel makers, stock makers and accessory companies bringing new products to market for us to choose from.

Regards.

The concept of a jacketed barrel is not new.

I feel they have a right to be secretive about their process.

I am very interested in having them do a barrel for me. I am trying to finish other projects so I can get the barrel fit to the action and decide on how the stock is going to be worked out. Conventional or Space Frame, recoil lug or barrel block.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts