Revolutionary new draco barrel

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Litehiker, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Litehiker

Litehiker Well-Known Member

We have all likely heard of the hotness of good carbon fiber wrapped barrels like Proof Research. We know they run cooler and are extremely stiff yet a lot lighter than an all steel bull barrel contour. All good stuff for accuracy and barrel life.

OK, so now there is a new exterior barrel coating from Falkor called the DRACO barrel. It is much different from the wrapping a carbon fiber barrel has.

1. Like a carbon fiber barrel a steel barrel is turned down until it is quite thin.
    2. An aluminum or titanium sleeve is slid over the barrel and precisely held in place.
    3. The gap between the sleeve and the barrel is filled with a special "secret sauce" polymer that then hardens in place.

Falkor/Draco claims they guarantee all Draco barrels FOR LIFE! Wear one out out? They replace it free. Simply amazing. This is a Moon Shot of rifle shooting.

It is claimed that with a DRACO barrel cold bore shots have the same POI as hot bore shots.
    Coupled with Hex-Boron Nitrate bullet coating one should never, ever have to worry about the difference between hot and cold bore shots - EVER. Pinch me - I must be dreaming.

OK, now I know what will be replacing my Ruger Precision Rifle barrel when it fades away. Time to start saving for a DRACO barrel. And maybe one for my .300 Win mag Browning A-Bolt as well.

Eric B.

2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

How about a link...

3. Crunchyfuego

Crunchyfuego Well-Known Member

Tagging in

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  4. Hornhunter32

Hornhunter32 Well-Known Member

Tag

5. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

6. AZShooter

AZShooter Well-Known Member

Minimal information there. It would be nice to read what caliber, profile, length barrels etc they offer.

7. THEIS

THEIS Well-Known Member

Hello,

Looks as either Teludyne Tech Industries has changed to Dracos or Dracos entity is potentially copying Teludynes' Trademarked "Straightjacket" barrel system slogan.

Nothing new looking at dracos....as teludyne has been doing this for several years now.

THEIS

8. THEIS

THEIS Well-Known Member

9. DocDoc

DocDoc Well-Known Member

When it sounds too good...?

10. Ragnarnar

Ragnarnar Well-Known Member

I've got a bridge you can buy too.

11. sable tireur

sable tireur Well-Known Member

12. Litehiker

Litehiker Well-Known Member

My mistake, the name is DRACOS, not DRACO.

Teludyne, a small company, was developing this barrel but needed development funding. Falcor Defense took an interest and stepped in to fund more research.

The barrel has either aluminum or titanium sleeves over a polymer "cement" that supposedly gives barrel stiffness at least as good as the best carbon fiber wrapped barrels from, say, Proof Research or Christensen Arms.

The separate company DRACOS was formed to make these barrels. It appears Falcor Defense has exclusive rights to offer the DRACOS barrels as OEM gear on their AR rifles. But separate barrels for AR rifles and various bolt guns are also offered by DRACOS.

More lab testing (Since the HP White tests posted above) has shown the improved DRACOS barrels to give cold bore POI identical to hot bore POI. This is pretty amazing if true.

Finally, DRACOS gives a LIFETIME BARREL GUARANTEE. If your barrel wears out they will replace it for free. That is also pretty amazing.

Eric B.

13. THEIS

THEIS Well-Known Member

Hello,

Eric....do you have direct contact(s) over at DRACOS?

Thanks for the additional information too.

Few years ago when Teludyne first come out with this there were a couple different manufacturers giving them a go as part of their T&E programs. Some made their test public and others did not. I hope DRACOS can pick back up with these manufacturers because they were having positive results.

THEIS

14. hemiford

hemiford Well-Known Member

How could the throat not wear out ?