• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Retumbo in stock

Sure love to make an order but they don't have very much of the other powders so group order is out and I can't justify a $36 hazmat fee for one 8lb can.

Thinking the exact same thing, sure would be nice if they could help out by some sort of staging of orders and or letting you add to orders.
Sure love to make an order but they don't have very much of the other powders so group order is out and I can't justify a $36 hazmat fee for one 8lb can.

I suspect the way it it is (hit or miss) will continue for the foreseeable future.

You can't group buy propellant anyway because it's a Haz-Mat ship and $27.50 isn't a bad rate at all.

It's feast or famine with emphasis on famine right now.....

It went up from the 27.50 to 35.50 for hazmat. And when I say group buy I take an order for all my guys down here and that way we can split up shipping Amongst a close to 50 pound order. Ill normally try to max the hazmat fee out which is 50 lbs. but the only powder they have is retumbo I can only get 10 lbs.

I suspect the way it it is (hit or miss) will continue for the foreseeable future.

You can't group buy propellant anyway because it's a Haz-Mat ship and $27.50 isn't a bad rate at all.

It's feast or famine with emphasis on famine right now.....

It went up from the 27.50 to 35.50 for hazmat. And when I say group buy I take an order for all my guys down here and that way we can split up shipping Amongst a close to 50 pound order. Ill normally try to max the hazmat fee out which is 50 lbs. but the only powder they have is retumbo I can only get 10 lbs.

Me, I prefer 45 pound kegs b ut they do offer $7.95 flat rate shipping (plus the Haz-Mat fee so basically they are on par with everyone else...or no bargain.

It's just gonna stay ugly until HBO (not that it matters because if Hilliary gets in, it will be more of the same old... )is gone or the Senate adopts the UN Arms Treaty, which then, it won't matter anymore.

I'm nervous on what our future will bring....

Me, I prefer 45 pound kegs b ut they do offer $7.95 flat rate shipping (plus the Haz-Mat fee so basically they are on par with everyone else...or no bargain.

It's just gonna stay ugly until HBO (not that it matters because if Hilliary gets in, it will be more of the same old... )is gone or the Senate adopts the UN Arms Treaty, which then, it won't matter anymore.

Candidly, I'm not. We, as lawful gun owners and sportsmen might be able to forestall the inevitable but I feel in the end, the government will disarm the citizens, just hopefully not in my lifetime, not that I have alot left.

It got up a head of steam after Newtown but it's died down a bit, however, it's not been forgotten by HBO and his henchmen (and henchwomen), it's just being handled more discreetly.

We can all groan about ship costs and pricing but my take is if you need it now or in 6 months and it's available, buy it.

I did that with Federal 215M's a month ago and CCI 400 SR's. Bought 10 thousand of each or more than I've ever used in my lifetime.

I see Third Generation had one 8 pound jug left. Probably won't last too long.

Well I'm a firm believer there would be a civil war started if they started collecting our guns.

image.jpg

I still have 3 lbs of retumbo and I only use it in my two 300rums.

Candidly, I'm not. We, as lawful gun owners and sportsmen might be able to forestall the inevitable but I feel in the end, the government will disarm the citizens, just hopefully not in my lifetime, not that I have alot left.

It got up a head of steam after Newtown but it's died down a bit, however, it's not been forgotten by HBO and his henchmen (and henchwomen), it's just being handled more discreetly.

We can all groan about ship costs and pricing but my take is if you need it now or in 6 months and it's available, buy it.

I did that with Federal 215M's a month ago and CCI 400 SR's. Bought 10 thousand of each or more than I've ever used in my lifetime.

I see Third Generation had one 8 pound jug left. Probably won't last too long.

I don't think there will be. There might be localized disruptions but on a nationwide scale, no. Take the long view and look at how dumb'd down the citizens already are.

Look at the NRA and it's membership ratio to the number of actual firearm owners. That will give you a good idea of the mentality of the population.

Finally, look at Australia and what the government did there. I realize it was a time ago and firearm sales are on the rise there but it was accomplished and it was accomplished voluntarily.

We are off thread and I apologize for that.

I do quite a bit of reloading for my hunting partners so I need to anticipate usage versus supply. Myself, I might shoot a hundred rounds in the off season, I might.

Well I'm a firm believer there would be a civil war started if they started collecting our guns.

View attachment 22993

I still have 3 lbs of retumbo and I only use it in my two 300rums.

I agree I think another Civil War is on the horizon if they keep up the gun control nonsense. It really does not take a whole lot to start fighting. It always boils down to a difference of opinion and how far people are willing to stand by their convictions. Unless all of the people that say "out of my cold dead hands" are just spewing empty rhetoric something could happen. Hope not but that is my $.02.

Back on the Original subject, I need to get some Retumbo for 3 different rifles, I have a 6.5-284, a 300 RUM, and a 338 Lapua that I just picked up Friday. Seems what I can tell by reading posts on here Retumbo is the go to powder for the Lapua shooting 300 grainers. I have a little but would like to get the 8 lb jug.

Thanks guys

Brandon