• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Redding T7 or Forster Co-ax

SHW

I am wanting to upgrade from my rockchucker & am cosidering both the Redding T7 turret & the Forster Co-ax. I have never seen a Forster in person, so I am having some trouble seeing how you change the dies. I reload 257 Roy, 300 ultra mag, 30-06, 308, 7mm rem, 22-250, and 338 Lapua or edge/allen mag in the future. Cost is similar, but I like the idea of not moving the dies form the T7 once they are adjusted. I would buy additional turrets. I am now using Lee & RCBS dies, but will be upgading to Redding or Forster comp dies. Which press should I buy.

There's something I'm missing.

Once the dies are adjusted, they don't need to be adjusted again - you lock the rings in place and they stay adjusted.

It only takes a few seconds to change a die - why would you want to change the whole turret? That's a much more time consuming, money consuming, and storage space consuming, process?

The dies in the Forster/Bonanza press slide in and out of slots - they don't screw in. The Forster press has problems with tall dies, and collet bullet pullers.

What's wrong with the press you have now... or are you just wanting a new press "just cuz"?