RCBS Trim Pro-2 Manual Case Trimmer Review

ADMIN

Administrator
My old case trimmer was made before micrometer adjustments were available, so each adjustment for case length was basically an educated guess… I just kept adjusting until the magical setting was hit. But after trimming several expensive cases too short I decided it might be time for an upgrade. The search was begun for a trimmer that was well made, easy to use, had a micrometer dial for case length adjustment, was reasonably priced and was made by a company that provided good customer service. After a few hours on the internet the RCBS Trim Pro-2 Manual Case Trimmer was chosen. To accompany the trimmer a RCBS 3-Way Cutter for 6mm cases was ordered. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, RCBS Trim Pro-2 Manual Case Trimmer Review, By Glenn Burroughs. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Try it with the motor kit! I've got that, a Forster and a Gracey, and I wouldn't trade both of the last two for the motorized RCBS unit.

I can do five or six cases per minute and in/out chamfer the last case out while the next case is trimming. Once you are in the zone, it is somewhat therapeutic. Turn up the rock and roll, zen out, and trim-a-remos. (Don't 'yall have a huge stereo in your workshop, no?)

Mic MacPherson indicated he really liked this unit in Precision Shooting years ago, and I bought it with all of the pilots and shellholders before Angry Woman left, so she paid for half of it. :D (Bite me here, Angry Woman!!!)

Don't leave home w/o it.

I don't like the loose tolerances of the Trim Pro's handle. After years of use the black plastic was being ground down by the metal crank arm. If it was a bearing handle it would be a very sweet tool. I had to grind the rivet head off and replace the rivet with a shoulder bolt and shim to remove the play. The end result was very smooth and better than the stock configuration, but an after market or RCBS upgrade bearing handle would be even better!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.