Range in NW Missouri?

nwMOgsp

Any body know of anything around St Joseph with ranges beyond 100 yards? I have a friend with some land so I could set something portable up, but if there is already something available it would of course be preferred.

Jason

Hey, Jason i'm new here, but just was at a range sunday that you might want to check out unless its too far, and might be. Its about 10 or so miles north of Paris, MO and you can shoot 100,200,300,400,500 meter steel targets. There is a different sized one at each distance and its a great place, called Monroe County Gun Club. Costs 15 a year to be able to shoot there... i was with a friend who took his new 50 bmg there to sight it in.

Were they the silhouette targets? (animals)

I am wanting to try silhouette, I was building a gun for it, but it turned out too heavy. :(

yes, 200 meters is a chicken, 300 pig, 400 turkey, 500 ram they dont do organized competitions there that i know of... didn't look like that happened there any. its a great place i'm gonna be goin there a lot this summer if i can! get good at the far shots

Thanks for the reply, but with the price of gas now, that is a little farther than I was wanting to drive - at least on a regular basis. I was hoping for something within an hour of St Joseph - and of course, the closer the better. To make that drive I would have to get a moped and strap the gun case on the side. Does sound like a good place for an occasional visit though. Too bad I didn't know about that range when I worked in Mexico.

Jason

Tyler Kemp, I have been a member of the Monroe County Gun Club for many years, and we do have silhouette competitions. They are every third Sunday of the month from I believe April through August.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.