Post Your 2016 Deer Season Success Here

Xtreme
Very nice buck. I'd love to get one like that one day. Unfortunately we don't have deer like that around here. People have the " it's brown, it's going down" attitude. Or " it's got horns, kill it!"

Lots of people here call them horns here too. If you try to explain the difference between horns and antlers they look at you like you're stupid. Oh well

Great buck. Thanks for aharing

My cousin and I went out and got this monster on the only day he could hunt, a morning before we both worked a 12 hour night shift. He just wanted meat, and I wanted to see if my new rifle would perform...and it surely did ha ha.

We didn't exactly try very hard, we shot him at 925 yards, we stalked him for about 20 yards (to the nearest open patch of ground) after spotting him from the truck ha ha, then drove within 50 yards of him on a 2 track road to pick him up lol. On a scale of 1 to 10, effort on this was about 2....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrTNWPOs83o

Great shot, Listening to your calls on windage and elevation you would have to upgrade your effort rating, your gear and shooting were 'bang on'

Here is mine 295 yds. 168 Berger vld 7 mag. It was warm this year but we had a good hunt. Great deer every one thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 129
I love these big Mullie pics. That's my dream hunt I'm hoping to take in a few years. Would love to kill a big one but I can't afford guides and all that. So when I get to go I'll be happy with anything with legal antlers.

Here's my 2016 Wyoming muley and my 2016 Nevada muley.

Both shot with my Proof Research Terminus 7mm Rem Mag with Hornady 162gr ELD-X handloads.

~Robert
Las Vegas

Attachments

• IMG_5207.jpg
    IMG_5207.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Nevada_MuleDeer_2016-1-2.jpg
    Nevada_MuleDeer_2016-1-2.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 161
Oklahoma deer taken on opening day.

Not exactly long range at 205 yards. Using My suppressed R8 in 65 Creedmoor and some brand new Norma ammunition in their American Hunter line loaded with the 130 Swift Sirocco bullets.

I'm sure this is the same deer I had to pass on 2 years ago in the same exact location. I couldn't shoot then as my hunting friend was walking around the thick woods near where he came out. It was the last day of our hunt and he was trying to stir up some activity. He did when a 5x5 came out and stood 15 yards from me.

This time he came out from the same trail, but I was in a ground blind 205 yards away. There was a small fork horn chasing a doe around in the area. They both suddenly stopped and looked the same direction behind them. I saw these antlers above a line of bushes, but couldn't see his body. Light was ending soon and I needed another three steps to get him clear of the brush.

He was actually down wind from me with winds around 10-15 mph. He must have been really hot to chase that doe as he didn't hesitate to go after her.

Well, he stepped out and that was his last move. One shot and he fell in his tracks. The other 2 didn't even move at the shot. LOVE hunting suppressed!

43 years of deer hunting and never had the opportunity for one like this in front of me. Very happy with this old warrior.

Bad cell pic. I had forgotten my camera at the house, last light fading quickly and the battery died right after this one was taken.....

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 116
My 14 year old daughter's buck this year. 637 yards, one shot. Dropped like a sack of hammers. 6.5 SLR w. 127 Barnes LRX at 3020fps MV.

I'm on Christmas leave from fort Bragg. I hunt pretty hard in Georgia, where I'm from, over my leaves since it's my only time to really hunt. I shot a doe and a, what would've been a decent 8 point if he didn't break his rack. Season ends Jan 8th so I'm hoping to get back out there. Both were shot at a whooping 35 yards at literally the same spot and from the same box blind with my custom AR in .223 Rem.

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 115
And here's the doe. I hate how the pictures rotate.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 114
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.