Possible Rifle Build

midmo

Hey all,
I am looking at setting up a rifle (if it is worth it) or purchasing a rifle. I have a savage 11 (bottom bolt release) in left hand 6.5 Creedmoor. I am looking into to adding a aftermarket stock and possibly a barrel depending on how it shoots. I bought this rifle a year ago used. If there is something that I would be better off using please tell me or if you have a good experience with a savage and a aftermarket stock maker I would love to hear it. As of now I whitetail hunt and shoot at the range as much as possible but I am working on obtaining enough points for an antelope hunt.
I have thought about purchasing a tikka or a browning xbolt or xbolt two as well.

I have around 10 savage rifles. Not one shoots bad with factory stock after fixing the barrel channel to free float the barrel. I usually add a rattle can paint job with sponges so it doesn't look so cheap. I have put a bunch of Boyd's stocks on. Those stocks all have made all my rifles shoot better (3/4 moa or better with hand loads)....but are heavier. I think the weight of the Boyd's stocks are part of the reasons all rifles have shot better. I love being able to switch out barrels on the savage rifles and either stay same cartridge or go for something different.

Here's a savage axis 30-06 that i took factory barrel of an made into a 35 whelen. Took me 30 minutes and now it can be used to deer hunt in iowa

Attachments

• 1714495738297.png
    1714495738297.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22