Poll- Why are you hoarding ammo?

So, what are the real reasons for all the stockpiling?

• Take on Gub'ment

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Gives me sense of purpose

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Going to find me a bell tower

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The "O" word

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • Satisfies strange sexual urges

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • Kind of like the 401K I don't have, the price can only go up right?

Votes: 34 19.4%
  • Compensating for something

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 45 25.7%

• Total voters
I have just enough to give each looter a free sample when the next hurricane comes thru.

At least noone here is looking for a good bell tower! For me, I voted strange sexual urges. I really don't hoard ammo though, just components.

Other-- Group Therapy is the best medicine.

And according to my wife I need LOTS of therapy.................Now that I think about it she may not be thinking the same thing I am.

The options on this poll are totally out of line.
The university of Texas massacre reference.
"Find me a bell tower"...... Really thats not even remotely funny take this garbage down.

I think the 2nd amendment gives me the right to keep and bear arms (which I choose to do) and I keep enough rounds to keep all of my weapons full for a long time if I need to.

Or to put it in other words, because I can...

Because even the price of 1970's Yugoslavian surplus ammo has risen 30-40% in the last 4 months. Lets not even mention the price of 1950's 8mm mauser ammo...

Berdan primers ? Still in all the new european made ammo and russian and chineese and Indian and Pakistani ammo, yet impossible to buy, hence impossible to reload all that beautiful once fired Yugoslavian brass.

I positively believe that higher powers are enacting procedures and applying pressure to make it more difficult to obtain ammo for legally owned firearms. In Australia, primers are 12c each ??? Thats the land where semi auto's and handguns are forbidden, so now they blow the price of ammo out the water until no-one can afford to have more than a couple of boxes of ammo in the safe.

Has anyone looked at the price of commercially made medium caliber ammo recently ? $50-70/box of 20 rounds ???

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.