Poll: Vortex Viper or Hawke Sidewinder

Vortex Viper or Hawke Optics Sidewinder?

• Hawke Sidewinder

Votes: 33 9.3%
  • Vortex Viper

Votes: 322 90.7%

• Total voters
I have two 6.5-20X Dead Hold Vipers, a 44 and a 50, one on a Varminter AR in .223 and the other on a Varminter AR in .308. Both of them are great scopes. Not QUITE as good as Zeiss, but as good as Leupold VXIII's and better than Monarchs for sure IMO.

I also have a set of the Viper 15X50 binos, great glass for the cash.

I used the waranty once, was getting some fogging in the binos (took agood spill with them on, could have damaged seals), they were back in under a week (they actually turned them in just over 24 hrs), no questions asked. No fogging either.

i have no knowledge of the hawke, but i have a 6-24x50 pst ffp, mil-mil on my 338 lapua. over 300 rnds shot, shoots and tracks flawlessly out to 1200 yrds. glass is good, and the warenty / service is second to none.

Just purchased a Sidewinder in the new SRPro reticle and am very impressed with it! Haven't got it out to shoot yet, but have looked thru it in low light and the glass is very nice. Turrets are sturdy, clicks are solid, illumination is not overpowering (5 levels) a very robust scope for the money!
Can't wait to get it out and do some testing with it.

I just bought a Vortex Viper 6.5-20 PA from Camera land for $279.00. It is going on my 6.5-284 Savage LRH.I also have a set of Vortex Viper 10x42 binos both great products.

Randy

I own two HSLR Vipers with 2nd plane reticles, and recently added the newly available FFP model (all are 4-16x). With every one of them I shot a "box test" and also measured reticle subtensions against a target made for the purpose at various ranges. Each scope passed both tests with flying colors, and are holding up well over time (the first one has almost 2000 rounds of 180VLD @2905fps 7rem mag worth of recoil accumulated, with no issues). Turret tracking is great, I can run back and forth from 100 to 640 yards at my club, stopping anywhere in between, and have shot the two older scopes out to 1175 yards. I also have a Razor spotting scope, and am very pleased with it as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.