THEIS

Hello,

30 less hogs in the fields today, lol

THEIS

Attachments

• 10672.jpg
    10672.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 213
I take it that they were trapped? Either way, good job!

Hello,

YES trapped. My brother owns and operates a slaughterhouse and meat processing facility in Louisiana. He doesn't have time to "hunt" them so he just traps them from his cell phone lolol.

THEIS

Surprised he doesn't have a tanner willing to buy the hides. Pig skin is outstanding. Great for use in all forms of clothing. Lite weight and one of the toughest.

Surprised he doesn't have a tanner willing to buy the hides. Pig skin is outstanding. Great for use in all forms of clothing. Lite weight and one of the toughest.

Hello,

The time and salt involved in storing them for the hide buyer to come down and look at them is not even worth it...plus most of his customers prefer scraped hogs instead of skinned hogs.

THEIS

Just hated to see the wasted hides. However, I certainly understand "not even worth it". Curious if the economics make it worth while for him on cow hides?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts