Pennsylvania legalized Semi autos for hunting

safety fred

I did not think I would live long enough to be able to hunt with my AR's but I now can. limited to 5 round Mags. but that is fine with me. Kudos to the Game Commission for getting us hunting with modern rifles. gun)

I did not think I would live long enough to be able to hunt with my AR's but I now can. limited to 5 round Mags. but that is fine with me. Kudos to the Game Commission for getting us hunting with modern rifles. gun)

Wow, great to hear although if it werent for that old law i probably would have never met my 760 remington. Wait till the feral hogs get more established up here. Then we can all enjoy the fun that the south has running around with semi autos filling the freezer with pork

Lots of rumors flying around about that. One I recently heard is the limitation of caliber. I guess the best thing to do is wait until April when the PGC announces what is law and what is not.

Lots of rumors flying around about that. One I recently heard is the limitation of caliber. I guess the best thing to do is wait until April when the PGC announces what is law and what is not.

We will find out in March at the Annual meeting for a final approval, word has it it is a done deal. I have had brief discussions with people who said they knew the out come. I never in my wildest dreams they would let it happen. I said the same thing about running antlered and antlerless season together but they do!. This change will bring a large group of people back to hunting that have not been for sometime. shoot safely Fredgun)

I live in the anti-gun state (anti everything actually) of NY. I have hunted for 40 years in the pro-gun state of PA. It always seemed odd to me that the PA state hunting regs would not allow the use of a semi-auto for hunting varmints.

It would be nice to break out the ol' AR for shooting a few groundhogs if that becomes permissible. As most of you know, traditional ARs are all but banned here in NY. The liberal states just keep moving backwards. :rolleyes:

I live in the anti-gun state (anti everything actually) of NY. I have hunted for 40 years in the pro-gun state of PA. It always seemed odd to me that the PA state hunting regs would not allow the use of a semi-auto for hunting varmints.

It would be nice to break out the ol' AR for shooting a few groundhogs if that becomes permissible. As most of you know, traditional ARs are all but banned here in NY. The liberal states just keep moving backwards. :rolleyes:

From what I hear it includes big game as well. Mags. are to be limited to Max 5 rounds. I have no problem with this, 6.5 Grendel and my 50 Beowulf should cover me. Big game 300 BLK and for varmints 5.65 should do all I need that is not my choice for woodchucks anyway. Fred

I was just at one of my local gun shops and he has a nice Remington 740 in 30/06 for $400., this might work a little better than my AR 15, I could shoot heavier bullets further.

Well congrats. I used to always give my brother **** for hunting with on as I liked bolt. Now I rarely go out for anything but long range with a bolt. AR is just so handy to hunt with. I've been running 300blk for deer and am well over 20 down with 100 GR raptors and probably 60 hogs. I was using .458 socom but got sick of the weight so move to the blk. Plus now you have more excuses to by more black guns.

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/2017/0...ting/99588248/

Pa semi auto Varmint hunting is a GO!

"Semi-automatic and air- and gas-powered rifles will be permitted in the hunting of small game for the 2017-2018 hunting season.

The Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners unanimously approved the measure after a last-minute amendment to exclude the use of those firearms in hunting large game like deer, elk, bear and turkey. The commissioners' initial proposal, which received preliminary approval in January, would have allowed the use of semi-automatic firearms to hunt big game as well as small game."

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.