PA. Votes NO

The one on the edge of the paper had a 4th off. This was rapid shooting, cooling between 4 rounds. The other one I think I let cool after 2 shots, except for the stray. That is where I figured out I needed to let it cool.

IMR4350 is not a modern powder. All the charges were pretty close. Need to shoot past 100 yards to really say. Maybe 2-1.5 below max is where I will proceed for now.

I had some stuck cases with Hunter. They were seated deeper than the manual.

I suspect my pump came from PA. Was working in IN in a steel mill, shortly after steel mill in PA closed. Met a guy with years of experience back home, but was forced by union to the bottom and sweeping floors.

I did recently put in a Timney trigger. Was already breaking at 4.5, and no creep as some claim. Whether it was modified before I don't know. I am not sure I am really noticing the 2.5 timney, but wanted to mention it. I grew up with heavy triggers, as most did.

Attachments

• 20170429_142949.jpg
    20170429_142949.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20170429_151008.jpg
    20170429_151008.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 113
BTW I do not own an AR15, or a semi auto hunting rifle even. To me, the people who think this is about increased sales or future generations hunting, are sad Americans who have missed the point. Who have been out on the coasts for to long, and just don't know any better.

Not sure how these got such bad raps. People that don't practice enough I guess.

yes , as always , there are many bad apples that you have to deal with, and I am pretty sure they will not be the ones reading this post!

I am ALL for it in the hands of the right people, I am a one shot one kill person and there are many hunters in Pa that hang a 8" paper plate at 25yds to get ready for deer season and if they can hit that plate, they are ready to go and they love to get to shoot at deer.

What I find insulting about PA people that are against this freedom, is they think PA is unique. Many states allow it, and children are not dying.

Sadly many hunters I know put little effort into practice. 2-3 shots to make sure scope is on. But they still get deer. Where I hunt it is hard to shoot 40 yards. Last year shot at around 20. So, 8" pie plate does do it. I took 200 practice shots, but I just like to shoot.

What I find insulting about PA people that are against this freedom, is they think PA is unique. Many states allow it, and children are not dying.

Sadly many hunters I know put little effort into practice. 2-3 shots to make sure scope is on. But they still get deer. Where I hunt it is hard to shoot 40 yards. Last year shot at around 20. So, 8" pie plate does do it. I took 200 practice shots, but I just like to shoot.

Actually it is unique, as are all other states. That's why its best to leave it up to the residents of each state to decide on most of the laws they wish to live under.
And if you don't like them don't live or go there.
And that's what happened in PA with the semi auto rifle issue as it pertains to hunting big game species.
The issue has become however the same issue were seeing as a result of the election of Trump.
A bunch of whining sore losers who lack the ability to just get over it and (attempt) to do better next time around.

Hi Mark hows it going, thanks for the kind words.

Actually it is unique, as are all other states. That's why its best to leave it up to the residents of each state to decide on most of the laws they wish to live under.
And that's what happened in PA with the semi auto rifle issue as it pertains to hunting big game species.
The issue has become however the same issue were seeing as a result of the election of Trump.
A bunch of whining sore losers who lack the ability to just get over it and (attempt) to do better next time around.

Hi Mark hows it going, thanks for the kind words.

Whining Sore Losers about sums it up LOL! Hi Ernie, been awhile....me being here too but once in a while I come over for some entertainment :)

PM sent....

No, you are not a special snowflake. There is nothing unique about your hunting situation.

I am a state rights guy, and for the most part feel people who want to live in submission should.

It bothers me as an American, just as I am bothered about people in CA.

Do you still have to tell the government who is hunting out of your camp? I just find that disgusting. Spineless, and less than American. Like the these countries with dictators, where the citizens don't have the fortitude to stand up for themselves.

You can argue is it ever worth fighting for democracy for people like you? America has always done it though.

No, you are not a special snowflake. There is nothing unique about your hunting situation.

I am a state rights guy, and for the most part feel people who want to live in submission should.

It bothers me as an American, just as I am bothered about people in CA.

Do you still have to tell the government who is hunting out of your camp? I just find that disgusting. Spineless, and less than American. Like the these countries with dictators, where the citizens don't have the fortitude to stand up for themselves.

You can argue is it ever worth fighting for democracy for people like you? America has always done it though.

Lets not forget, Ronald Regan was a left coaster, and Trump is a right coaster, and also just to clue you in, PA isn't a coastal state, unless you count Lake Erie.
And then there are the liberals like Al Franken and many others from the part of the world you live, and yes that includes Ryan.
As for keeping a camp roster, the law states that (five) or more hunting as a (group),
shall maintain a roster listing names, addresses, and caliber of the rifle each use.
The law also states that twenty five people is the maximum size group allowable.
So now you know.

Trump is liberal.

PA while not on the ocean, is east coast.
I find you people sad. I figure you were raised in captivity and either know, no better, or don't have it in you. Like people in middle east.

I am not telling the government who is at my camp. They can get a warrant. If I bought a tag, then I will hunt where ever legal to do so, with the purchase of the tag.

I find this level of government intrusion disturbing.

25 group max, is that stating size of drive? That I would be OK with. If it is the number staying at your camp, I would be appalled.

Blows my mind you declare the caliber you are hunting with. As long as gin is legal for the season you purchased a tag for, none of their buisness.

Unamerican, sums you people up the best.

Coasts may not be best discrption, though it works. Need to include big cities. Though most places I think their is a distinct line between rural and liberal people in cities.

Blows my mind you declare the caliber you are hunting with. As long as gin is legal for the season you purchased a tag for, none of their buisness.

Unamerican, sums you people up the best.

Coasts may not be best discrption, though it works. Need to include big cities. Though most places I think their is a distinct line between rural and liberal people in cities.

I think (scary) sums it up best, and might indicate why many of us feel as we do about turning people loose with those type (weapons).

How do you explain the rest of the country using semi auto 30-06s for going on a 100 years.

Being prone to fear, explains your un-American beliefs of government intrusion into your daily lives.

Not much better than the folks in CA.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.