PA AR-adjustable gas block

jrhammo08sxt

So, I just got my JP Enterprises adjustable gas block installed on my LR-308. My question is, if I turn the gas off so that it does not operate as a semi-auto, would I be allowed to hunt coyotes with it? Got a digital ATN X-sight that works awesome with the streamlight tac-ir I have. You aren't allowed to hunt with semi's in PA...BUUTTT, if the gas is turned off, it's technically not a semi and therefore I would assume it's legal to hunt with?

Any experts out there?
Thanks!!!

I'd call your nearest game and fish officer and ask him. He's the one who's going to give you the ticket or not. Sounds like a grey area they'd probably tag you on.

I've heard that the PA. game commission is considering to allow the use of AR semi autos for deer hunting. Don't know for sure, but would like to find out.

I've heard that the PA. game commission is considering to allow the use of AR semi autos for deer hunting. Don't know for sure, but would like to find out.
There was legislation going through a while back, but the **** lawmakers said that it wasn't their responsibility, tabled the bill and gave it to the Game Commission. So far, nothing has been done about it and I think that was a year ago.

I think I would be ok if I would remove the gas tube for now. Then it wouldn't be able to "readily" be converted back to semi in the field. I have my old gas block, and could TIG weld the gas port or just machine a sleeve that would block the gas port on the barrel itself. Changeover to semi would be as simple as loosening two set screws, slipping the sleeve off, and slipping the adjustable gas block with tube already installed back on. That can be done without removing hand-guards or anything else.

I would check with the Game Commis. on the gas tube but if they ok it that would be a start towards getting the ar 15/10 into the field. I would like to hunt with my ar 15 it's as accurate as a bolt rifle and would have no problem putting a bullet in the boiler room on a deer, bear, turkey or coyote.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.