PA 1035 yards one shot bear

Well thanks for posting those pics.
Pretty much what i expected to see, and pretty typical of what many use in Pa.
It appears that the bench top rotates?
It also appears that the tripod setup might be made by (the ultimate tripod) in Blairsville Pa?
As for the glasses, again very typical Pa. setup.
The old Bushnell Spacemasters have for decades been by far the most popular.
Did Bruce have any influence on your choice of Leicas?
If you were to venture a bit further north, you would find some differences in the shooting rest many are using.
yes and no. We were hunting together and it was getting toward the end of the day, lightning was bad and I spotted a deer and couldn't tell if it was a buck or a doe. Bruce said it was a nice buck and I looked through his glasses and couldn't believe the difference I could make out that it even had brow tines. He said that is the difference between glass and good glass. That what convinced me to go with the Leicas.

for good glass when I worked down in Sonora we used Swaro 15's on tripods (Slick 444 with Jim White head) (with doublers), and Leica, or Swaro spotters on good tripods.

There is some seriously good glass out there

yes and no. We were hunting together and it was getting toward the end of the day, lightning was bad and I spotted a deer and couldn't tell if it was a buck or a doe. Bruce said it was a nice buck and I looked through his glasses and couldn't believe the difference I could make out that it even had brow tines. He said that is the difference between glass and good glass. That what convinced me to go with the Leicas.
It would appear to me that in one of the pics there is a Swarovski spotter with the 2 eyepiece setup next to the bench?
Ive looked thru the regular twin Swaro setups but not the one using just one tube.
Ive also not looked thru Leicas.
I have a set of the older 77 mm Kowas, and have both 20x and 30x wide angle eyepieces for them.
I also had a set of 15x eyepieces made for them from good telescope eyepieces. A bit tricky to do since Kowa uses a bayonet type eyepiece as opposed to a threaded one.
On days with high mirage the 15s are much clearer than the higher powers.
As for seeing small brow points at the longer distances, thats not always an easy thing to do, even with very good optics having large objectives.

It would appear to me that in one of the pics there is a Swarovski spotter with the 2 eyepiece setup next to the bench?
Ive looked thru the regular twin Swaro setups but not the one using just one tube.
Ive also not looked thru Leicas.
I have a set of the older 77 mm Kowas, and have both 20x and 30x wide angle eyepieces for them.
I also had a set of 15x eyepieces made for them from good telescope eyepieces. A bit tricky to do since Kowa uses a bayonet type eyepiece as opposed to a threaded one.
On days with high mirage the 15s are much clearer than the higher powers.
As for seeing small brow points at the longer distances, thats not always an easy thing to do, even with very good optics having large objectives.
The owner of the Swarovski spotter is looking to sale them.

Not really interested, just curious as to wether they were the ones with 2 eyepieces on one tube.
I probably know at least 10 guys using the regular Swaro spotters in a bracket.
Did Bruce build the bracket for your Leicas?
Yes he did. I bought them form a friend of his.