P.G.C. Quacks

Waynzee

I just read over the new laws concerning the use of the semi auto 22s and air rifles for the up coming small game season and it seems you can use a semi auto with no limit on magazine capacity. So this is the reasoning: you can shoot at a squirrel in the tree tops with a rifle that holds 25 rounds and have bullets zinging everywhere up to a mile or so but you can't hunt with a large caliber semi auto rifle for deer that holds 5 rounds and your shots are on the ground. :rolleyes: Smart thinking there :rolleyes:

Yeah and $25.00 for a Pheasant permit. P.G.C. has to pay for all that grouse research.

Yeah and $25.00 for a Pheasant permit. P.G.C. has to pay for all that grouse research.

The whineathon over the poor beleaguered PGC continues. lol
I suppose that (just maybe), since most hunters still alive have had hunter safety training, there wont be many shooting at targets with an unsafe backdrop anyway.

As for the pheasant stamp, its optional for those who wish to shoot pheasants, at least legally, same as the trout stamp is for keeping trout.
l personally will choose to buy neither.

The whineathon over the poor beleaguered PGC continues. lol
I suppose that (just maybe), since most hunters still alive have had hunter safety training, there wont be many shooting at targets with an unsafe backdrop anyway.

As for the pheasant stamp, its optional for those who wish to shoot pheasants, at least legally, same as the trout stamp is for keeping trout.
l personally will choose to buy neither.

Hey Yobuck I was kind of wondering how long it would be before you threw in your sarcasm and 2 cents. As for the trout stamp and pheasant permit I won't buy them either.
But all B.S. aside does it make any sense to allow 22 semi autos with no magazine limit to hunt squirrels in tree tops were some body could spray rounds past a mile in all directions and not allow semi auto rifle with 5 round limit for big game on ground level.

No sarcasim intended, just my 2 cents worth, but interpet it any way you like.
It does seem logical to me at least to ask those who want to pursue those things to help pay the cost, and not expect everybody too.
At least in the area I travel about in there are large stretches of pristine streams designated as fly fishing only. Meaning guys like me keep out, and I'm perfectly ok with that, but I'm sure others aren't.
As for the semi autos, my personal opinion is that they aren't necessary at all for any
type traditional sport hunting. So I wouldn't have approved (any) if id had a voice.
But they have agreed to open the door a crack, and over time the crack will widen until
guys like you are satisfied.
The same thing will ultimately happen to the one thing that allows for us to even own guns of any type. And the reason will be there weren't enough numbers to stop it.

Well, I guess we have our opinions what should be used for sport hunting so Personally I think if you want to hunt with a Winchester 30/30 and stay traditional by all means have at it. If a guy like me wants to hunt with a Remington 740 30/06 semi auto or an AR 15 then I should be able to. Rifles are just a tool to get a job done, some like bright shiny manual operated tools some like all black tools that shoot a little faster some like a single shot, but they should all be allowed to get the job done. IMO :D

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.