P-Dog ready

gj

Well i think my AR is ready for the hunt , .545 inches and if i throw out the flyer .505 !
50 grain Z max out of my CBA16H Colt competition model.

If you still have time, I shoot so many 223 rounds that I went to cheapest bullet varmint shooting. midway and midsouth shooting supply used to sell bulk 55 gr SP & HP for under 10 cents each when you by 1000's I buy boxes of 5000 and 6000 now. I have some picture of small groups at 100 and 200

I have some dialed in 223 wyldes with 20 and 24 inch match grade stainless barrels. I use 8-32 and 10X40 60mm scopes for ground squirrel hunting/ PD hunting

If you still have time, I shoot so many 223 rounds that I went to cheapest bullet varmint shooting. midway and midsouth shooting supply used to sell bulk 55 gr SP & HP for under 10 cents each when you by 1000's I buy boxes of 5000 and 6000 now. I have some picture of small groups at 100 and 200

I have some dialed in 223 wyldes with 20 and 24 inch match grade stainless barrels. I use 8-32 and 10X40 60mm scopes for ground squirrel hunting/ PD hunting

Budlight dont you know anything over 16 X for p-dogs is stupid ,,, just ask a few of the PROs here ! LOL

I have checked those out before... some market them as Dog Town bullets they have flat bases and for 2 cents more i get ballistic tip & a boatail which is much easier to reload in my progressive press.

What kind of groups are you getting with them ?

thanks budlight....

Your eyes are not as sharp as they age.... but I tend to do lots of shooting in the 24 - 32 power range. We have ground squirrels that are maybe 1/3 the size of PD's and you need the power to look at them in the 200 to about 400 yard distances if you are even hoping to attain a 75% ratio.

I shot a lot of 75 gr match bullets, but the cost gets to you when you can use up 1000 in a few days.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...-diameter-55-grain-spire-point-with-cannelure

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....nt224-diameter-55-grain-premium-hp-5000-count

I have a few nice drop in 3 pound triggers matched to 20 inch non threaded end target barrels and using 25.4 grain of AR-comp and CCI450 small rifle primers are as accurate as you are. using a Caldwell lead sled you can achieve nearly match grade ammo groups at 100

I have checked those out before... some market them as Dog Town bullets they have flat bases and for 2 cents more i get ballistic tip & a boatail which is much easier to reload in my progressive press.

I know that flat base bullets can shave off some copper in a non prepped case. I chamfer the inner case neck with a power driven deburring tool after i trim to length. then i don't have a feed problem on a dillion 650

I know that flat base bullets can shave off some copper in a non prepped case. I chamfer the inner case neck with a power driven deburring tool after i trim to length. then i don't have a feed problem on a dillion 650
I do the same thing even with a boatail,,,, i use my my batt driven drill in reverse... it wont cut a camfer in the case but it will smooth it out very nicely ! Another thing i do is polish the crap out of my feed ramps to a baby's butt soft smooth touch and shines like chrome, never a scratch on the bullet from feeding in my AR !

Interesting posts! I'm getting ready for June in South Dakota. I have always contended that ARs rule in a dog town! I've got 4 uppers with 2 lowers in 2 calibers that get the job done, very, very accurately, for a long ways out. The 223A.I. and the 20Tactical. I'm working up a load for my AR10 in 6x47 Lapua with 105s. If I get it working, it will go too.I will also take a couple bolt guns; a 20PPC, and 2 Coopers in the aforementioned 223A.I. and 20 TAC. I have an AR 10 in 260 that I've shot 1000 yards with, but that's too much over kill. It loves the new Hornady Match 130 ELD factory loads; but they be rather expensive to toss at PDs! :D
Of course, shooting suppressed is way more fun, too!:cool:

Interesting posts! I'm getting ready for June in South Dakota. I have always contended that ARs rule in a dog town! I've got 4 uppers with 2 lowers in 2 calibers that get the job done, very, very accurately, for a long ways out. The 223A.I. and the 20Tactical. I'm working up a load for my AR10 in 6x47 Lapua with 105s. If I get it working, it will go too.I will also take a couple bolt guns; a 20PPC, and 2 Coopers in the aforementioned 223A.I. and 20 TAC. I have an AR 10 in 260 that I've shot 1000 yards with, but that's too much over kill. It loves the new Hornady Match 130 ELD factory loads; but they be rather expensive to toss at PDs! :D
Of course, shooting suppressed is way more fun, too!:cool:

Well i have a very nice 25-06 and a Savage bt 112 competion bolt model .223 with 75 A maxs. but when you figure out 1500 rounds of either one of these it becomes way spendy to shoot p-dogs... I just stick to 50 v maxs and pray for no wind.... LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.