Optics

dogbuster0006

I'm looking for an optic, the one one that came with my Horton is a ***!!! Took forever to zero and will not hold zero now. Before ya'll go nuts I assure you this isn't operator error I can hold my own with any weapon I've ever handled. It's 150lb draw weight and has never been mis-handled or dropped and has been stored in the closet dry and safe. I'm shooting gold tip bolts and crossbow specific rage broad heads for deer, I did my research and got the right weight bolts and tips. Everything is tight and I'm using a rest but, alas issues. In a fit of rage I threw that *** over the hill and will not us a "low end optic" ever again on anything.

What are you guys using that you like? I'd like to stay around $150 but if I have to spend a little more no big deal. I'm not looking for super long range but would like an actual scope instead of another red dot, but not completely against it.
I'm considering Redfield's crossbow specific scope, anyone using this and like it? What would are ya'll running and like? Thanks ahead of time Good luck and happy hunting

Since no one else answered your post, I thought I would reply. I replaced the scope on my Wicked Ridge Invader with a Hawke XB30 SR. It is a 30mm tube, lighted reticle scope. It is a 1-5 power, but the power ring is used to dial your arrow (bolt) speed, so that it impacts the target at the various distances. For example, if your bow is shooting at 300 fps, you line up the 300 on the speed dial (power adjustment ring), and your scope will be dead on (after you sight in).
What you do is sight in at 30 yards (using the 30 yard hashmark), then your scope is sighted in with the other hash marks on the scope from 10 to 100 yards. Yes, it does have 100 yard reference points, although I doubt that you would ever shoot that far at a live target. I tried it, and it really works (my range had a 100 yard backstop, so if I missed I wasn't worried about losing the arrow). I was able to hit my target at 100 yards.
The optics are crystal clear, and no "fish eye" effect on the edges.
Down side is the price of this scope is over your price posted, plus you would have to invest in 30mm mounts, but the lifetime warranty and excellent customer service makes Hawke scopes worth the extra couple of dollars.
If you call Dave Wilkins 603-659-0575 at Wyvern Bow Shop he has the best prices on anything bowhunting related, including the optics (any you might want).
If you haven't made a choice since you originally posted your question, hopefully you will look at the Hawke scopes. You will not be disappointed. Good Luck !!

Thanks for the info I'll give them a look. Been sort of leaning toward a Leupold as of late, had a customer service experince with them that's got me even more of a fan. I had given up hope on this thread...

I have no experience with Leupold for crossbows. I have had several Vari-X III on rifles, but now use Zeiss and have a Swarovski on order. Check out the CrossbowNation Forum. Tons and tons of info about crossbows, equipt, and other stuff you would like.
Good Luck !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.