One down - One more to go!

FrontierGander

Before,
p1260510.jpg

After!
img_4517.jpg

img_4518.jpg

She got a LOT of work into it with me polishing the lock plate/jeweling "I am still learning" it and polishing all internal parts and polishing the trigger.
img_4431.jpg

She's a 54cal CVA Hawken with a really darn hard to find, 1:66 patched round ball twist. I about passed out when I was reading over the original box that was in a bit of a messy stage in its life. I used Laurel mountain forge barrel brown which took 4 days to rust brown, dixie gun works stock stain, permalyn stock finish. Buffed the high gloss down with a green scotch brite pad soaks in boiled linseed oil to prevent from cutting into the finish. I am just waiting for the rear sight to come in ( tomorrow it looks like) and then she'll be off to her new owner. First rifle I ever sold when I was halfway through the project LOL.

Next up, CVA Hawken that came with a 1:48 twist barrel. I am actually keeping that barrel for myself and installing a brand new .50cal 1:66 twist barrel onto her after I refinish the stock. Not into that SKS Orange finish at all!
pix594551351.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts