Olivias elk tator tot casserole

unclefish

olivias elk tator tot casserole

- preheat oven to 425 for tator tots
- put tator tots on cookie sheet put in oven set timer for 18 minutes
- start browning your elk
- remove juice from elk and put elk into a glass pyrex dish
- sprinkle to your taste. minced onions,garlic powder,onionpowder,we use a little crazy janes mixed up salt( or just salt to taste) it does not need a lot of salt. Squirt some ketchup on top and a little shreeded cheese
- mix it up good and flatten out with spatchula
- when timer goes off for tator tots turn oven down to 350 deg
- take tator tots out put on top of browned elk, squirt a little more ketchup on top and sprinkle with shreeded cheese.
- put back in oven for 10 minutes
- pull out and serve
20141116_173949 (640x360).jpg

20141124_174502 (461x640).jpg

20141116_170653 (640x360).jpg

20141116_172049 (640x360).jpg

Last edited:
If you have kids . It is great and a good way to break them into eating the good meat . My brothers 3 kids are always begging to come over for it. You can use any venison when I run out of elk the white tail gets substituted .

unclefish
despite being s city feller from ny all my kids have eaten game for many many years. my daughter has evolved into my hunting partner
and my cooking partner
whenever i see a kid interested i try to encourage them to the max
if god didnt want us to eat animals he shouldnt have made them soooooo gooooood.
johnny

Looks good, I will have to try that with venison. As far as the kids go, I quit calling home on my hunting trips as my 8 yr old daughter keeps telling me to shoot the fawns because the chops are better. I guess I have kind of a if its brown its down kind of family when it comes to venison in the freezer.

We have been adding some sweet baby rays BBQ sauce to meat and a little on top. We are almost out of elk our selfs . So venison is next.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.