Old School Squirrels

brdeano

Here are some pics, from the winter, of a few squirrel trips my brother and I made....We've been running a caplock .32 and caplock 12ga, but now we're in the process of building a couple custom Flinters for this coming season. Blackpowder squirrels are alot of fun.

100_2078.jpg

100_2056-1.jpg

100_2036-1.jpg

100_2029Fixed-1.jpg

These ain't your little grey squirrel's...grin

100_2063.jpg

We get the cattle dog in on it too...

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/brdeano/?action=view&current=100_2049.flv[/URL

Those are some monster squirrels, guess you guys aren't going hungry!

Good shootin!

open sights, primitive black powder guns, squirrels in the snow. thank you very much for those pics. absolutely great stuff!

MMMM... fox squirrels around these parts get as big as cats and tough as shoe leather. They are good for squirrel and dumplings though!!

Thanks for pics and video. My dad's Blue Heelers tree on site not on smell. I liked how yours retrieved your squirrel back. Dad's dogs think you shot the squirrel for them, and start eating immediately after the kill.

kool stuff, most excellent dog, thank you for sharing.
Ive been wanting to try squirrel hunting with my modern 209 .50 cal muzzleloader with a very light load, sounds like fun times to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.