Oh SNAP!

jpd676

So, it's been a year and I just got my Griffin GP7 approved today! I was admiring it and looked down the tube and it appears as though their "test fire" struck the last baffle. This pic doesn't do it justice but it definitely peeled the last baffle up and it is sticking up about 1/3 the way into the center of the tube. I guess I'll be calling them in the morning.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 201
Correct, I did not shoot it. It is hard to photograph but Griffin said it is most likely a burr from tooling. I'm the rangemaster for my agency and it looks like a bullet grazed the tip of the baffle but they said to try and get the metal piece out with a cleaning rod. That didn't work but I got it out with a set of specialty plyers. I'm not sure if it is a burr but I think QC should have caught this. Anyway, they feel this won't effect the function of the suppressor (I guess I'm not too concerned with the sharp edge it left as any bullets should clear the area now) and I have what they said in writing. I'm not trying to bash a company as I feel their CS was good and they will work with me to solve this one way or another.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 72
Hopefully non-issue in the long term and this is your one hiccup with this can 👍

I checked a new SiCo can once and almost puked because there was a ton of multiple kinds of residue inside that looked like corrosion. Flushed it out, fine ever since. Nothing a few hundred rounds from a 5.56 SBR couldn't knock out of it!

That's some really bad QC there. You are lucky you found it before firing. Then it would have been your fault for sure.
Good luck and hope they resolve this to your satisfaction. Keep us posted.
Oh8

glad things corrected after your clearing of things, and I fully agree, QC should have caught that
but being honest, QC typically only checks about 1% of things that get made in most places!
but being a more liability issue on something someone could get hurt on, they really should be better at checking things! IMO!~

Hopefully non-issue in the long term and this is your one hiccup with this can 👍

I checked a new SiCo can once and almost puked because there was a ton of multiple kinds of residue inside that looked like corrosion. Flushed it out, fine ever since. Nothing a few hundred rounds from a 5.56 SBR couldn't knock out of it!
????

Correct, I did not shoot it. It is hard to photograph but Griffin said it is most likely a burr from tooling. I'm the rangemaster for my agency and it looks like a bullet grazed the tip of the baffle but they said to try and get the metal piece out with a cleaning rod. That didn't work but I got it out with a set of specialty plyers. I'm not sure if it is a burr but I think QC should have caught this. Anyway, they feel this won't effect the function of the suppressor (I guess I'm not too concerned with the sharp edge it left as any bullets should clear the area now) and I have what they said in writing. I'm not trying to bash a company as I feel their CS was good and they will work with me to solve this one way or another.
Wow!

I could shoot an oil can as an suppressor and evently the bullets Will wear the diameter of the oil can open. Then you can start getting accuracy.