Obama ammo ban

trueblue

Did I read correctly that 12 hrs before Mr Trump was sworn in, Obama signed an executive order banning lead based ammo on all federal lands , and lands administered by Fish and Game ?

Did I read correctly that 12 hrs before Mr Trump was sworn in, Obama signed an executive order banning lead based ammo on all federal lands , and lands administered by Fish and Game ?

Maybe, but I wouldn't be sweating it... Trump is signing as fast as he can to completely nullify EVERYTHING that dumbo-eared clown has done (without Congressional approval) over the last 8 years. So, there's a GOOD chance it has, or will be cancelled out very soon. :D

Maybe, but I wouldn't be sweating it... Trump is signing as fast as he can to completely nullify EVERYTHING that dumbo-eared clown has done (without Congressional approval) over the last 8 years. So, there's a GOOD chance it has, or will be cancelled out very soon. :D

You can bet on it!

This appears to be true.

Obama's Wildlife director moves to ban lead ammo use

The day before the completion of his appointment last week, the head of the federal agency dedicated to wildlife conservation issued an order ending the use of lead ammo on service lands within five years.

Director Dan Ashe, a second-generation career employee of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, issued the directive Thursday on the last full day of the Obama Administration. It would require the use of "nontoxic ammunition and fishing tackle to the fullest extent practicable" on lands and waters controlled by the agency by January 2022.
I would not count on Trump tossing this one out as there are plenty of non lead alternatives on the market and he's going to have to throw a few bones to the democrats here and there to get their cooperation on bigger, more important issues.

An outright ban on leaded projectiles on federal lands has been coming for a long time and whether this one survives or not it will be a reality sooner or later.

He said he was literally going to be tossing out everything that d!ckhead ever did (especially his "midnight amendments"), that was not through Congressional approval...Of which, that lead ban EO was part of. So, I wouldn't be surprised if this one was in the mix of already signed EO's he's cancelled-out. Somewhere you can look up a list of the EO's he's signed since 1/20/17...Not sure where, but if he's signed it away, it'll be on there.

He said he was literally going to be tossing out everything that d!ckhead ever did (especially his "midnight amendments"), that was not through Congressional approval...Of which, that lead ban EO was part of. So, I wouldn't be surprised if this one was in the mix of already signed EO's he's cancelled-out. Somewhere you can look up a list of the EO's he's signed since 1/20/17...Not sure where, but if he's signed it away, it'll be on there.
If had been tossed already we'd know it because that would be big news.

Trump has said a lot of things that he's walked back later or ignored when asked about them.

Never put blind faith in politicians, it's a recipe for disappointment at the very least.

Last edited:
Not changing a thing, it's a directive from someone who is out of a job besides Trump boys would have to pull a lot of bullets and I don't think that's happening!

If had been tossed already we'd know it because that would be big news.

Trump has said a lot of things that he's walked back later or ignored when asked about them.

Never put blind faith in politicians, it's a recipe for disappointment at the very least.

Blind faith, not hardly. Returned faith in my country and our future, yes. But I'm curious what are the "lot of things" he's walked back later or ignored? So far, he's done a TON of things he's promised this whole time... Hell, he's done more in 8 days than Obama did in 8 years...

Not changing a thing, it's a directive from someone who is out of a job besides Trump boys would have to pull a lot of bullets and I don't think that's happening!
The policy is already in place and being implemented by the US F&G, and Federal Parks Service so yes, to undo it would require undoing what's already in place.

Somehow I doubt Trump's boys are spending much time hunting public land so no, I can't see it having any effect on them.

Blind faith, not hardly. Returned faith in my country and our future, yes. But I'm curious what are the "lot of things" he's walked back later or ignored? So far, he's done a TON of things he's promised this whole time... Hell, he's done more in 8 days than Obama did in 8 years...
You're just repeating talking points that have no substance.

Obama did a hell of a lot in 8 years which is why so many of us stayed angry at the policies he put in place and the laws he defied through his EO's.

There isn't going to be a wall from coast to coast along the US Mexican border which is what he initially promised. How much of a wall or fence is put in place and what it's going to look like is still completely up in the air. He's been all over both sides of the fence since he first proposed the coast to coast "Wall", in numerous interviews.

Yes it's blind faith in Trump rather than your country since you are relying solely on Mr. Trump to rescind the Obama EO. Only by presidential order can the EO be rescinded.

You're just repeating talking points that have no substance.

Obama did a hell of a lot in 8 years which is why so many of us stayed angry at the policies he put in place and the laws he defied through his EO's.

There isn't going to be a wall from coast to coast along the US Mexican border which is what he initially promised. How much of a wall or fence is put in place and what it's going to look like is still completely up in the air. He's been all over both sides of the fence since he first proposed the coast to coast "Wall", in numerous interviews.

He has been discussing it the last few days about using money from tariffs they would impart on Mexican goods coming across the border. You can't build a wall in 8 days my friend. If they used the tariff money which they estimate to be around $10 Billion per year, it would take 5 years to pay for the wall completely, and nothing out of pocket for us taxpayers.

He has been discussing it the last few days about using money from tariffs they would impart on Mexican goods coming across the border. You can't build a wall in 8 days my friend. If they used the tariff money which they estimate to be around $10 Billion per year, it would take 5 years to pay for the wall completely, and nothing out of pocket for us taxpayers.
And he's stated in the last couple of weeks that what he's going to do instead of having a massive wall from coast to coast (which would be an unnecessary, hugely expensive engineering challenge) he's going to rely on the Border Patrol to recommend what is needed and where and go about it based on their recommendations which actually makes great sense.

Even if we're looking at a 250 billion dollar project as some have estimated that's less than illegals cost us in a single year.

Trump is actually coming back around to the same position I've held for a couple of decades which is to use a combination of physical barriers, electronic monitoring and surveillance, and a highly mobile, and greatly expanded BP that can react appropriately as things change up and down our borders.

The fact remains however, he's been all over the map with respect to whether or not anything will be built and what.

just for a little more clarification but this would mean all of our national forest that we hunt in?
I believe so. It looks like it would even cover national grasslands and BLM lands as well. Fortunately it doesn't read like lands under the farm program would necessarily be included but it's only a matter of time before they are.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.