Not a lynx

DRNAlaska

I cut lynx track consistently in an area before season opened. Went back in once season opened and no fresh track but I made a couple sets anyways. 2nd set this guy came barreling in to the call at 3 minutes. I had my 17 HMR since I was hoping for lynx and didn't want to damage the pelt. Shot him at 16yrds.
IMG_6482.jpeg

I cut lynx track consistently in an area before season opened. Went back in once season opened and no fresh track but I made a couple sets anyways. 2nd set this guy came barreling in to the call at 3 minutes. I had my 17 HMR since I was hoping for lynx and didn't want to damage the pelt. Shot him at 16yrds.
View attachment 542744
Nice
Which bullet you use? 17gr or 20 gr?

17gr but I wouldn't recommend for coyotes. Good for lynx, only took this shot because he was so close. Less than optimal performance, I spine shot him with a follow up shot as he was running away to put him down. First shot was in the vitals and would have been fatal but who knows how far he would have run first.

That clan of Bigfoot must have moved from the area.....that area has been known for encounters a long time....

Getting to be a lot of those critters. For work I drive every other week from anchorage to homer. Have started to see a lot between ninilchik and anchor point.
Lynx or coyote? I see coyote tracks all over. Ive only seen a few sets of lynx track and I think all the ones I was keeping tabs on have been trapped this season.
If you're still looking for a range there's a good 1000yrd range near soldotna, wouldn't be far out of your way coming through there.

I've been up that way a few times...recently watched a video of where a guy spotted a Bigfoot that was running away from a helicopter that wasn't chasing it....that thing was skidaddling across that mtn side.....
Video was taken from the road of the hillside just to the direction of Anchorage from Portage Glacier...

Lynx or coyote? I see coyote tracks all over. Ive only seen a few sets of lynx track and I think all the ones I was keeping tabs on have been trapped this season.
If you're still looking for a range there's a good 1000yrd range near soldotna, wouldn't be far out of your way coming through there.
Coyotes. See them a lot past Girdwood and between ninilchik and anchor point.

Have never seen a lynx on the kpen outside of skilak. Seem to see them a lot out of season when wandering around interior. Swear they have a smart phone and day planner.

Recent Posts