Nightforce Ballistic Targeting Software By Ward W. Brien

Texasjim,

I have seen some palm smartphones with windows mobile(pocket pc) operating system. NF software version 5.5 for the palms which I have needs palm OS 3.5 or higher. Once you get hotsync'ed with your computer the rest was a piece of cake.

Brent

I just purchased a dell axium x10 off of ebay. I was wandering were I could find the best price for a night force pocket pc sd card. ? Also if anyone could tell me how to start a new thread on this forum I would appreciate it .

I just purchased a dell axium x10 off of ebay. I was wandering were I could find the best price for a night force pocket pc sd card. ? Also if anyone could tell me how to start a new thread on this forum I would appreciate it .
You can get the cards at hundreds of places and they're not really very expensive.

Just go here ( http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/ ) and click on the forum you want to post under. Then in the upper left corner you will see "New Thread". Click on that and you're good to go.

you can get the cards at hundreds of places and they're not really very expensive.

Just go here ( LongRangeHunting.com ) and click on the forum you want to post under. Then in the upper left corner you will see "new thread". Click on that and you're good to go.
thanks ss7mm for the info and help sorry for the late reply . I'm not computer smart so i need all the help i can get.

I have the Exbal program for my laptop and I have a Palm Tungsten E2 on the way. From what I've read I need the Exbal O/S software for my Palm. Is the software for the Palm a SD card like what's in a digital camera. I was wanting to know how the Exbal program is loaded into the pda. thanks for info,

Last edited:
I was wanting to get an SD card to store my NF software on my PPC. How much memory is required to get the PPC version onto the card? I won't be running any other applications on my PPC so no need for anything more then what's needed for the NF program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

So how does the accuracy/features of the Exbal/NF software compare to the JBM calculator? I use that and also have Ballistic on my iPod Touch. However, out past 400 yards the discrepancy between its calculations and JBM can be significant, e.g. 1 MOA @ 600 yards. (I even consulted with the developer to get the inputs to match so that I am comparing apples to apples).

Incidentally, JBM has recently incorporated the G7 data for the bullets listed in Bryan Litz's new book - Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting (Book)

Does NF have the ability to change drag model? Right now I cannot get my iPhone/ballistic FtE and exbal to give me even close to the same info.

Limbic, I've experienced the same problems. I was able to get Ballistic close to JBM's calculations but after 400 yards there is enough discrepancy to start worrying about. At 600 yards, the difference is 6 inches, for example. I need to get back in touch with Ballistic's developer and see where the issues are. I emailed him once and made some changes to the atmospheric settings, etc. (Will post more details later). That helped.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.