New shotgun!

Caleb85

I think it time for a new shotgun! My old Benelli is getting worn out! But I have not paid attention to what's what in the shotgun world. So I want to see what you guys think. I would like to stay with a simi auto 12ga. ,duck , turkey, ditch parrots. Thanks for you help .

I think that the new browning a-5 with the 3 1/2" is next for me when I get the coin for it! I shouldered and felt every gun in Cabelas and that one had the best feel and most natural point of aim. Just right there every time! The only down side I have read is with the real loads (3 1/2") the kick pretty gun as the gun is pretty light and the type of recoil system.

3 1/2 " shells are not needed around here! I could be wrong but with the advantments of shotgun shells, the 3" mags are hard to beat?! We have people around here that shoot 3 1/2 Winchester BB's at ducks!! I think there is something wrong with those people! I ask why and they said "they don't have to try and works the ducks, we just shoot at there frist pass by" ... Hell workin Ducks to park is the fun part of hunting! We call those people "Sky busters" lol sorry for the rant! Just having a conversation :D

Ya'll are right about the 3 1/2" getting your attention. I also agree that they can be over kill. However, when you hunt public land where Coyotes and Turkey are very skidish the 3 1/2 takes the day. So if you are going to buy a new shotgun why not buy one that gives you the most versatility?

Ya'll are right about the 3 1/2" getting your attention. I also agree that they can be over kill. However, when you hunt public land where Coyotes and Turkey are very skidish the 3 1/2 takes the day. So if you are going to buy a new shotgun why not buy one that gives you the most versatility?
Your last sentence is the reason I would buy the 3 1/2"!!!!! I just like to have options :D

I tried my brothers new Benelli. I must say it is a sweet ride. I would never buy a Browning or Benelli because of the felt second recoil on the older guns. Those days are over.

Bird hunting...?? Upland especially use a dbl barrel....either S&S or O&U

Nothing like a double for walking the fields. I picked up a 1940 Marlin 90DT in 16 gauge last summer and used it all fall. Nothing quite like an old American made double.

That being said, versatility is a nice feature in a shotgun. My Versamax has been a go to for a few years now when a semi is desired, but I recently picked up on of the Turk guns, a Dickinson Inertia for $325. Couldn't be happier with it. I'm quite fond of it now and still usually opt for the Rem....but use the Dickinson quite often as well.

Bought the Browning A5, 3.5" mag. Dusted a turkey 2 days ago at 61 yds using Longbeard #6's, 2 oz load.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.