New Google Map feature (and contest) for member home locations

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
WE HAVE A WINNER --- Here is one of the surprises (including a contest) that we have been working on. You can place a pin on a Google map to show the rest of us where you live.

To place your location on the map, click on the Googlemap button on the home page navbar.

In typing text into your Googlemap entry do not use an apostrophe. It presents a "/" instead of apostrophe. And it will cause hair to grow on your palms if you use an apostrophe. You will notice that under the member name at the top of any post there appears: "Find Me on the Map". Click on that and you will be taken to the Google map with the member's location shown. Obviously, if you don't first place an entry for yourself "Find Me on the Map" won't show up below your name. And your friend who borrowed your expensive binoculars won't be able to find you to return them.

So we need a guessing game. How many member Googlemap entries will there be on September 1 at noon, CDT? Only those who place their own location on the map are eligible to win the fabulous prize. Contest entries must be in by August 21 by noon, CDT.

The winning prize:

Buffalobob will use his GPS to navigate out to the Googlemap location of the winner and mow the lawn once a week for the rest of this year.

By the way, this latest breaking news prominently displayed on the top of the Home page is just one more example why your long range hunting bookmark or favorite should be the Home page here and not the Forum index page. You'll miss too much good stuff that way.

Last edited:
Why come when I first clicked on "New Posts" this morning there was a post by BB followed by yours. Are you two quick on the keys or what:D

This is more frightening than posting my SSN or getting the vapors:rolleyes:

Note that my mowable area 3/4 area bb'll need a ride on thinger.

I also see why there is no 200yd range nor bunches of yotes, muleys, moose, white tail, cougar, bear, beaver, badger etc in bb's back yard:p

PS why not do one of these things for "Honey Holes"? I'd post a couple of good ones, really.

300 members. bwaites cracked me up, so I cranked the hybrid map up on Maxine to find the pin, and turns out that I live in the parking lot of the Mormon church across the street. Close enough. Can't see the doghouse (where I live) anyway.

I'm enjoying the new format, Tom

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.