New 300 acres secured for groundhogs.

ohlongarmisle

Amish farm,mostly hay with heavily wooded treelines, hasn't been hunted in a decade, lots of sign but hay needs to come off.

Attachments

• ngs.jpg
    ngs.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 81
  • ns.jpeg
    ns.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 71
Amish farm,mostly hay with heavily wooded treelines, hasn't been hunted in a decade, lots of sign but hay needs to come off.
Need the hay cut the let grow about 6-8" and the chucks will be out eating!!! They don't like coming out right after the new cut. Wish I could setup there with our 204 Ruger 39gr SBK.

Need the hay cut the let grow about 6-8" and the chucks will be out eating!!! They don't like coming out right after the new cut. Wish I could setup there with our 204 Ruger 39gr SBK.
I will be if the shots exceed 300 yards, Thompson Center Venture what a sleeper that rifle is, it will shoot as good as any out there I paid less than $500 for it, suppressed Liberty titanium, it's a blaster but not now.4x20x50 Weaver Grand Slam. Point and shoot 1,5 lb trigger done by Mccarbo in Florida, fantastic job.đź‘Ť

That's great! I have my own property but only get maybe 2-3 a season, because once I shoot a few, a lot of them seem to get out of Dodge and burrow further into the woods. I have access to 400+ acre farm as well but the thing is that I'm not seeing many of them. I think that that the coyotes might be getting a lot of them and we have some Bald Eagles in the area too. Anyway, I got a good male on my property yesterday on my back field that had been recently mowed (see Masterbedroom Woodchucks) But it was shortly after a thunderstorm about 5:30 PM and you will find that that is a good time to get them. If their den is not near a water source, they like to come out and lick water off the grass after a rain. The comment about letting the grass grow a bit is valid too. When it is a little higher than ankle height it's a good time to carefully stalk the treeline with a sporter rifle. They may pop up 20 yards in front of you! That was always great fun! Good luck!

Neighbor building a new garage has run a few up here. 1 being a big boy. I've killed 5 here in my lower field. Thats never happened before. Older couple above me called me to kill 2 in their corn crib before they got in the garden. Nearby houses made using a rifle unsafe so took them out with my 28 ga at about 20 yds. Neighbor was tickled to death