Nevada unit 066 help. - long shot I know

ThorThor

I hit the lottery again after six years of no draw tags I got lucky two years in a row for antelope and drew NV unit 066 as a third choice, last year I got some great advice on this forum about Arizona unit 10 and got a monster which I will never beat most likely at 92 1/4. This unit 66 has only 30 tags so should be a low pressure relaxing hunt. I will be doing this on my own and looking for any advice or direction to start looking as general as it may be, unit is huge. I can trade good info on unit 10 in AZ, unit 34 elk 2b deer in NM. Thanks in advance

Billy, your luck is on a hot streak. Hope someone on this forum has hunted deer or something in this unit. Maybe they can help. Free bump.

I've seen them up pretty high on Snowstorm Mountain.

There are also quite a few that hang around the flats where 051, 066, and 068 meet. Most of the time they are in 066.

I saw some there a couple weeks ago scouting for mine and my daughter's 067/068 archery tag.

Drove through again this morning. Saw two groups of about 15 each as well as a couple decent lone bucks.

It was on the southern boundary from the Midas-Tuscarora road.

I was checking my trail cameras. 350 pictures of moo cows and 5 of coyotes. No antelope at my normal spots. All the water this year is giving them plenty of choices. Moved my cameras and have my fingers crossed. At least I saw some sign at the new location. 5 weeks til the opener.

geargrinder, don't know why Billy hasn't responded. I just sent him a text. I helped him a bit on last year's Az antelope hunt.

geargrinder, thanks. I've texted him daily for a week and no reply. Hope he's Okay.

To all, thanks for the info I have been at Army OCS with phone off. My cell will be back on as of today. If anyone wants to give me a call. (865) 659-0242
Iam really looking forward to a break at the end of summer.

Thanks in advance Billy.

Good luck to you on your hunt. I'll be just south of you in 67/68. Sounds like there's plenty of antelope around from what I've been able to gather but not necessarily in normal Wyoming like flat plains areas (at least in my units).

Back from the hunt got a nice 77 inch buck. Best one I found in four days there. Beautiful country and the best part only saw two other hunters entire trip, very quiet out there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 297
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 276
Nice job Billy, now off to Utah?

No I am done out west for the year. Went up to Hells Canyon and met a friend who has a jet boat and did some smallmouth bass fishing on the snake. Absolutly the best scenery and smallmouth fishing there is.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.