New member from Arizona

cmullally77

Hello all,

My name is Chris and I am fairly newto long range shooting. I am in Maricopa az. I would like to eventually get into hunting but for now I am more I to target shooting.

I can't say I am totally in love with my platform but working on it. Ruger Amercian predator in .308. Might rechamber in 6.5 cm might build a new platform, just not quite sure yet. Going to upgrade my chaisis and possibly barrel after that.

Look forward to reading and learning from you all.

Welcome from Northwest Arkansas, you have come to the right place!

My first advice would be to shoot, shoot, and then shoot some more. Learn to reload if you do not already, and try not to get lost in the rabbit hole :)
Most days I am like f this hobby. Lol I do reload and that is a whole different rabbit hole. I try to shoot at least once a week.

Welcome from lower AZ. I also have a Ruger American Predator in 308. It is a great value for a rifle.

I personally wouldn't sink money into one to make it something that it isn't. Spend money on shooting (as mentioned above) and on glass, but premium glass isn't necessary either. Have fun!

Welcome from lower AZ. I also have a Ruger American Predator in 308. It is a great value for a rifle.

I personally wouldn't sink money into one to make it something that it isn't. Spend money on shooting (as mentioned above) and on glass, but premium glass isn't necessary either. Have fun!
Totally get that. I think I am just going to chsnge the chassis on it just so it fits a bit better and build something else for the longer range stuff, still might barrel swap it but undecided

Hello all,

My name is Chris and I am fairly newto long range shooting. I am in Maricopa az. I would like to eventually get into hunting but for now I am more I to target shooting.

I can't say I am totally in love with my platform but working on it. Ruger Amercian predator in .308. Might rechamber in 6.5 cm might build a new platform, just not quite sure yet. Going to upgrade my chaisis and possibly barrel after that.

Look forward to reading and learning from you all.
Most days I am like f this hobby. Lol I do reload and that is a whole different rabbit hole. I try to shoot at least once a week.
Chris,

Greetings from the Big Sky Country. Welcome to LRH, and enjoy.

As you can see, LRH has quite a few AZ residents. Rest assured, they will steer you in the right direction. I have a soft spot for Arizona; I was stationed at DMAFB from 1992 to 1996, and now my son is stationed there.

Cheers!

Ed