Nebraska Mule Deer Hunting???

patboos44

I'm interested in going mule deer hunting. I live in Northeast Kansas so Nebraska would be reasonable for me to get to in a somewhat short period of time and would allow me to go more than once if I'm unsuccessful on my first trip. Where would be a good area to go? I want to hunt public land unless I can find a nice farmer who would let me hunt there land. I plan on hunting muzzle loader due to the fact I hunt whitetail and I don't want to go until I get my whitetail buck with muzzle loader, bow, or rifle. If I get a whitetail early I plan on hunting more than just muzzle loader in Nebraska. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

I'm interested in going mule deer hunting. I live in Northeast Kansas so Nebraska would be reasonable for me to get to in a somewhat short period of time and would allow me to go more than once if I'm unsuccessful on my first trip. Where would be a good area to go? I want to hunt public land unless I can find a nice farmer who would let me hunt there land. I plan on hunting muzzle loader due to the fact I hunt whitetail and I don't want to go until I get my whitetail buck with muzzle loader, bow, or rifle. If I get a whitetail early I plan on hunting more than just muzzle loader in Nebraska. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

I've hunted the last 4 years in the Pine Ridge Area up near Chadron and Crawford. Last year was a bust for us, but weather was smoking hot during the days and deer were just laid up. YOu almost had to step on them to get them to move. Fort Robinson, Soldier Creek, Ponderosa Management Unit, we hunted all of those areas. In total over 4 years we took 6 deer out of the Pine Ridge, all mule deer bucks. Nothing huge, just 140-150" animals.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.