My Wyoming 7X7 Bull

John, what a great Bull! Couldn't be happier for you. Long range is a tool in the belt. It's nice to have the confidence to take that long range shot if it's needed. Anyone would be happy to shoot that bull at any range.

Brad

Super great bull! 40 yds eh? And you didn't choke.:D

Did you check the license plate on that huge sucker? I doubt it had the bucking bronc on it but instead a vertical number/letter arrangement on the right side as I'm pretty certain he migrated from Idaho to where you were hunting just for you. That's the kind of services Idaho provides to Texans. :D

Super great bull! 40 yds eh? And you didn't choke.:D

Did you check the license plate on that huge sucker? I doubt it had the bucking bronc on it but instead a vertical number/letter arrangement on the right side as I'm pretty certain he migrated from Idaho to where you were hunting just for you. That's the kind of services Idaho provides to Texans. :D

No chock here but could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up when he was bugling and grunting getting closer. I kept telling myself to keep your head down and look at the crosshairs. I was shooting an older Ruger M77 in .338 Win Mag that a few years ago was sent to Defensive Edge for some modifications "Thanks Shawn". After the modifications 2 good friends of mine in Rathdrum, ID. Bill & Brad did the Long Range Validation. During this hunt I was prepared for a long range shot but I'll take a timber stalk @ 40 yards also. As you can see in one of the pics I have my G7 slung over my shoulder. I was shooting Nosler 225gr Accubond bullets of which I recover 2 from the off shoulder. The bullets did the job, I have them and the ivory's sitting on my desk and see them everyday.The bull was thick and big.
I double check the license plate and the bull was from Wyoming.

Killed a bull of a lifetime this past September outside of Jackson Hole. It's a perfect 7X7 and I'm still on cloud nine. He was a MONSTER!!
All my long rang training paid off I killed him in the timber at 40 yards.:)
Forgot to mention this was a fair chase wilderness horseback hunt. No high fence or pen hunt.
You are correct. That is a bull of a lifetime. WOW!! Very nice. Good job!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.