molysulfide powder

Yep, I got hooked early, too! Both my Dad, mom and step dad worked in aerospace, plus uncles who built model airplanes. I got on with TWA in 1973 as a dish washer! When I was a kid mom used to take me to LAX to watch the planes take off and when I was bit older, we used to hunt rabbits right between El Segundo (Imperial Blvd) & the runways! Try that today and you'd be in jail and listed as a terrorist before you knew what hit you! I got my student license when I was 20 and didn't take my private until I found out I couldn't solo the Citabra I was flying aerobatics in until I had my private finished. Took me a whole 4 or 5 days to take my check ride! Flew for while, went to mechanic in '78, then went to Saudi Arabia (Saudia) for a couple of years, then back to LA for a while and finally to St. Louis, where I intend to die and never, ever move again! I didn't get the runway I wanted but at least I have a 100yd range in my back yard! Life is good now that I'm off the meds. That's only been since 2018 but it was a start to the rest of my life!
How in the world did you manage to break your back? Do you still have problems with it?
Cheers,
crkckr

Still have problems with the back. I have learned to move slowly and be extra careful when bending over or twisting. I was picking up a very heavy object correctly, but it got away from me and I heard my back pop audibly. I was laid up for 7 months. After rehab, 6 Mos, I went back at it but it reoccured when I bent over to pick up an empty box, of all things. My wife and doctor couldn't hardly believe it. Box was less than 2 lbs. That was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak. I was permanently grounded medically and lost my flight status. I retired 5 months later. Oh well. It was a blast while it lasted. Flew 8 different types, 11000 hrs. All military.

Well, I'm jealous of your flight time, I've got just over 200 hrs, but about 50 hrs doing aerobatics. That was a blast but no way I could do it today. Back problems are a scourge on mankind! I got mine fixed totally by accident. I went to schedual a surgery on my Achilles tendon due to several small tears and the doc says, "How would ypu like to avoid this surgery?" I literally asked him who I had to kill! I ended up with a shot of some stuff called Amniofix that's made from the umbilical cord of a live, healthy birth. They grind everything up, filter it, probably speak a few magic words and send it off to be injected in people who have ortho problems. There are NO living stem cells in it, which would be much better if there were, but after a couple of weeks my heel stopped hurting (I could barely walk when I got the shot - directly into and behind the tendon... yeah, ouch!). Thing is, it fixed a few other things as well, like my cubital tunnel (same as carpal tunnel but in the elbow), my left rotator cuff (several small tears just like I had on the right, except I had surgery on the right one... it worked but hurt like... Well, it hurt a lot!). But amazingly, it also fixed the physically damaged nerve between T3 and T4 disks that I was told would never heal, reroute or stop hurting! Yay for that stuff! I currently use my own blood to make PRP for minor hurts that persist. It's worked out a couple of times for me. Since your still having trouble with your back, if you have enough disposable income you might try a consult with a place called Regenexx. They have clinics scattered all over but in the US they can only deal with your own stem cells (due to the uninformed religious nuts in this country... it's a sad state of affairs) but it does work. Any insurance you have isn't likely to cover you so it will probably be a cash thing (which is why I resorted to doing my own PRP. But in many cases it has to be injected very carefully, so there are some things you just can't DIY!). Look them up and who knows, you might end up back playing basketball or something!
Cheers,
crkckr

Well, I'm jealous of your flight time, I've got just over 200 hrs, but about 50 hrs doing aerobatics. That was a blast but no way I could do it today. Back problems are a scourge on mankind! I got mine fixed totally by accident. I went to schedual a surgery on my Achilles tendon due to several small tears and the doc says, "How would ypu like to avoid this surgery?" I literally asked him who I had to kill! I ended up with a shot of some stuff called Amniofix that's made from the umbilical cord of a live, healthy birth. They grind everything up, filter it, probably speak a few magic words and send it off to be injected in people who have ortho problems. There are NO living stem cells in it, which would be much better if there were, but after a couple of weeks my heel stopped hurting (I could barely walk when I got the shot - directly into and behind the tendon... yeah, ouch!). Thing is, it fixed a few other things as well, like my cubital tunnel (same as carpal tunnel but in the elbow), my left rotator cuff (several small tears just like I had on the right, except I had surgery on the right one... it worked but hurt like... Well, it hurt a lot!). But amazingly, it also fixed the physically damaged nerve between T3 and T4 disks that I was told would never heal, reroute or stop hurting! Yay for that stuff! I currently use my own blood to make PRP for minor hurts that persist. It's worked out a couple of times for me. Since your still having trouble with your back, if you have enough disposable income you might try a consult with a place called Regenexx. They have clinics scattered all over but in the US they can only deal with your own stem cells (due to the uninformed religious nuts in this country... it's a sad state of affairs) but it does work. Any insurance you have isn't likely to cover you so it will probably be a cash thing (which is why I resorted to doing my own PRP. But in many cases it has to be injected very carefully, so there are some things you just can't DIY!). Look them up and who knows, you might end up back playing basketball or something!
Cheers,
crkckr
I thought I went through alot, geeez! No on the disposable income. I'm just glad I wake up in the morning. Can't go hunting anymore, body won't take the beating. Just can't risk it. Can't imagine anyone having to haul my dumb butt out of the bush, lol. Just doing some range shooting now from time to time. Needless to say I've had to do some drastic changes in my lifestyle. Not willing to push a bad position.

Man, I know all about those drastic lifestyle changes! Went thru it for 18 years, living on morphine! With little to no hope of it ever changing! No hunting, not that much shooting in fact, no more competitions... I couldn't even cut wood to heat the house anymore! I can now but the water heater gave up the ghost and I never got it fixed so it's all electric now. At least now I can shoot, at least as much as I can afford. I even got a couple of new guns, an SA-35 and Ruger Precision in .22 Mag to go with my Single 6 convertible. Haven't had too many of those in the last few years although I've pretty much got everything I could want. Especially at my advanced age! (72 in less than a month... sigh). We'll see what kind of changes the AGI that's about to go off like a big **** glitter bomb brings us. I'm hoping it's not like Terminator and more like, yeah, we can cure that now! I'd like to go back in time to my 20's again (as long as we're wishing!) when everything worked like it should and nothing hurt. I don't think AGI can do that but maybe in my mind it could! Spend the rest of my life hooked up to a computer in a virtual world where I'm a young man again... yep, I could do that!
You just won't catch me holding my breath!
Cheers,
crkckr

Man, I know all about those drastic lifestyle changes! Went thru it for 18 years, living on morphine! With little to no hope of it ever changing! No hunting, not that much shooting in fact, no more competitions... I couldn't even cut wood to heat the house anymore! I can now but the water heater gave up the ghost and I never got it fixed so it's all electric now. At least now I can shoot, at least as much as I can afford. I even got a couple of new guns, an SA-35 and Ruger Precision in .22 Mag to go with my Single 6 convertible. Haven't had too many of those in the last few years although I've pretty much got everything I could want. Especially at my advanced age! (72 in less than a month... sigh). We'll see what kind of changes the AGI that's about to go off like a big **** glitter bomb brings us. I'm hoping it's not like Terminator and more like, yeah, we can cure that now! I'd like to go back in time to my 20's again (as long as we're wishing!) when everything worked like it should and nothing hurt. I don't think AGI can do that but maybe in my mind it could! Spend the rest of my life hooked up to a computer in a virtual world where I'm a young man again... yep, I could do that!
You just won't catch me holding my breath!
Cheers,
crkckr
Wishing in one hand, crapping in the other. Which one fills up first?

Does anyone use this to lube their AR's ? I found a bottle in my garage ( my parents old house ) . My father said it was used in Vietnam for the M16 , but he didn't know why he had it . He was not in the war and has never owned or shot an ar .
I was in the Marines over seas 73-77 and we used several lubes. "LSA" as a cleaner and lube. the newer 16s had Crome in the Barrel and Bolt.
I think a lot of guys (army) used to snort the molysulfide powder.
Heck back then if you could snort it, shoot it, or smoke it - many service people tried anything to escape that reality.

Snorting moly powder will get you exactly one thing... a black nose! The stuff is completely inert so you could snort it, eat it, rub it into your belly and even inject it into your veins and it wouldn't do a thing for you! Probably make the doctor faint if they did a blood test, tho!
Cheers,
crkckr