Minnesota

Anybody ever shoot at the Northland Range north of Rousseau? Looks like a 1000yard range. Looking at Google maps I think its right next to the Canadian border (like 20-30 feet away). I called the number for the contact, but the number is not valid.

Never heard of it nor of its existence. I'm going to be up there in a few weeks at Polaris and I will do some looking to see if I can find it or any info, and will be sure to report back anything I find

I see the same thing you are looking at, literally right before the border crossing. Looks like a nice setup, well according to google earth anyways. I'm sure I will be able to find someone that knows something about that place when I'm up there

Drove up to Roseau today and checked out the Northland Range and Gun Club. Drove in couldn't find any posted info posted anywhere. Stopped by the Customs and Border Patrol office. The CBP agent told me that its a public range. He thinks there are skeet/trap shoots on Mondays And Fridays, but the best to his knowledge its a public range. Has a covered roof at the shooting benches, with places to set up your targets at various distances. Did not shoot today, but will be going in a couple of weeks. Supposed to go out to 1,000 yards.

Crap sorry i forgot to post back here after I was up there. Seen the same as you (no people, no signs). But I didn't stop at the border crossing to ask them about it, that would have made too much sense.,

Recently seen gopher rifle/pistol down here opens the doors to the public for a few hours on Thursday which is 6(ish) hours closer than Roseau, but that northland range sure looked nice and I would make that drive especially with the range being slow. Next time I make the trek to Plummer I'm going to plan on a few extra days to make the trip to over there

Shot at the Roseau range last Sunday. They have a oversized buffalo sillhoutte at 1090 yards, a moose silhouette at 832 yards and some closer bear silhouette. You can drive down there, but you need 4x4. First time shooting at those distances, and did VERY well. Was able to connect on a 10 in. gong 80% of the time, at 1090yards.

did you just drive on and go or was there someone to greet you and take $x to shoot? when i drove up to it a while back it was a ghost town. might have to hook up with you and shoot sometime, i have been looking for a reason to go back up there

When we showed up, there were people shooting already. It is a public range, no need to pay to use. While we were shooting other people showed up, like most firearms people they were a friendly bunch of people.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.