Mentor in Harrisburg/Lancaster area

I just didn't think he'd appreciate me dropping his name on here. If you've met him, you'd know who I mean by "Big Doug." He's a Benelli rep that hangs out in there.

I'm in Manheim, where are you?

Eastern side of Lititz, Rothsville. I don't think I know him. I don't get in there very often. Been there probably half a dozen times, maybe a few more.

There's actually a pretty sweet, private range back there not far from the Sheetz that goes to 400 (I think). Only been there once. Very hard to get into I think.

There's actually a pretty sweet, private range back there not far from the Sheetz that goes to 400 (I think). Only been there once. Very hard to get into I think.

Cooper's Hill. I've shot there. They go to 300 and the wait list is several years as they only allow 100 members at any one time and to get in, you have to wait for someone else to get out.

Pretty cool little range though. I was there with guys by the name of Murr and Sherman. Not sure if either of those ring a bell.

Only been there a few times to shoot with a member who has a little side business reloading ammo for folks. He was helping me out getting started with reloading and showing me how to work up loads. Great dude that knows his stuff. If you need custom ammo and don't want to reload on your own, he'll get you taken care of and his prices are very fair. I think he was going to charge me $13-$14 per box of 20 for 260 Rem. He picks up the components and does everything. Just asks you to new him at the range to test the loads over a chronograph and see what works for you.

Very cool. I'll keep that in mind. The guy that is building my gun is going to tune it and work up a load. He just finished another 338 with many of the same components, and it shoots 4.5" groups at 1000 off a Lead Slead. With a better stock and better action, mine should do as good or better. I guess that really puts the pressure on me. HA!

im about an hour or so from you. we have a 1000 yard range up here , membership is about 60/yr. I don't have anywhere near the experience/ know how/ knowledge of mr.russo but I'd be happy to go shooting and help get you started into long range if you wanna come up.

just so happens theres a two time williamsport agregate award winner who
lives in lititz.
theres also a guy name of jay bradley of bradley wholesale sporting goods
who won it also.
then theres the son of the guy who won it twice who won it also.
so theres no shortage of very good long range shooters living in lititz.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.